Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (1,498 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony xav ax100 - "No video signal"

Hello,

I recently purchased the Sony xav ax100 stereo for my Jeep Patriot. I am a first time installer and I am a little unsure what went wrong. I hooked everything up and I keep getting an error message, "no video signal." I am able to plug in my phone to the USB and play music, but as you can imagine the reason I purchased this receiver was for its touchscreen and CarPlay ability. I'm not sure if I simply connected something in the wrong area or forgot to connect something, it's been a long day and I feel like it is a easy fix (I hope).

if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know, i greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Message 2 of 4 (1,412 Views)

Re: Sony xav ax100 - "No video signal"

Hello Andy25eisch,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. Try performing a factory reset first and check if the no video signal disappears. The reset button is located below the previous and next button and please use a pointed object such as a ballpoint pen.

If the issue persists, a  professional installer may need to be consulted to ensure proper installation.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (1,269 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue, I have perfect sound, when volume is adjusted it appears on screen but the no video signal remains.

Did you come across the solution? I'd really appreciate the insight
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (1,262 Views)

Yes I did, I actually called Crutchfield (the place I bought the system from), and after speaking with them for some time and unplugging the system, they noted that the wiring was done incorrectly.

I believe it was the purple wire that was not supposed to be wired to a purple and white wire. All I had to do was snip the wire and the video came on.

But I would call either crutchfield or sony to make sure. I'm not sure if you ordered through crutchfield, but their customer service was great. I don't even think they asked for my order number or anything.

Good luck

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook