Other Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 52 (6,821 Views)

XAV-AX100 Sony -- Please disable the Warning Screen on start up + more

[ Edited ]

Can someone from Sony PLEASE look at this and address this problem (and it is a problem).

Why do you force me (and everyone else who bought this XAV-AX100 Car Stereo) to push "OK" every single time I start my vehicle to use the stereo?  I can see you want people to acknowledge the message but after 100 times driving the car, don't you think I get it?  

Can you not display this screen for 15 seconds and automatically disable the screen upon start-up like Alpine does with their ILX-007 Car Play stereo? (there is no forced 'push the OK button to proceed with their radio -- much less annoying)

I was hoping with the latest 1.02.06 firmware update, you would have fixed this but *sighs* --- No luck.  (It's certainly not a legality thing as I am sure Alpine wouldn't be able to do it if it's not lawful).

The other thing that would be nice is when you save a radio station, it should display the call sign (97.3, etc..) not the RDS information that scrolls ... one word or part of a word at a time.  I can't even tell what my presets are!  So annoying -- can you have your UI engineers please use the product or consult with users before you do another firmware update?  PLEASE!!  For $450, consumers deserve better.

Message 2 of 52 (6,804 Views)

Re: XAV-AX100 Sony -- Please disable the Warning Screen on start up + more

Hi Hpulhug,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Thank you for the comment. We are more than happy to forward your feedback onto the proper department.

We place a very high value on feedback from our customers because it allows us to continue to improve.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 3 of 52 (6,799 Views)

Thanks Joffrey,  I would appreciate if you could route the request to the appropriate team.

Rookie
Message 4 of 52 (6,463 Views)

Yes, please give us an option to "accept forever" or something.  Just got this radio and already tired of this button every time I start my car!

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 52 (6,294 Views)

I fully agree, please add my support to this request.  I know these splash screens were on every car with NAV at one point, but I notice a few new cars have deleted these screens.  PLEASE allow the option to remove it.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 52 (6,280 Views)

[ Edited ]

JoffreyS ... It would be nice if you could come back with a response from the appropriate team -- I am hoping the request didn't go into a black hole.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 52 (5,832 Views)

pLEASE THIS SPLASH SCREEN IS BEYOND ANNOYING

Rookie
Message 8 of 52 (5,821 Views)

I signed up for this board for the sole purpose of asking that the option to permanently remove the safety warning be offered. Please address this issue. It is actually a hazard having to press the OK button every time the car is restarted.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 52 (5,296 Views)

Totally agree with SuperX.  

This is an awesome head unit.  Having to push the button every time is more distracting than not having the warning at all!!!  Look, we all get, you shouldn't drive and look at the beautiful Sony screen.  We don't need a warning each and every time we get in the vehicle.

Please update the firmware and get rid of it, or at least put it on a 10-15 second timer so that it goes away on it's own.

Please.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 52 (5,296 Views)

Totally agree with SuperX.  

This is an awesome head unit.  Having to push the button every time is more distracting than not having the warning at all!!!  Look, we all get it; you shouldn't drive and look at the beautiful Sony screen.  We don't need a warning each and every time we get in the vehicle.

Please update the firmware and get rid of it, or at least put it on a 10-15 second timer so that it goes away on it's own.

Please.

Please.

Please.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook