Welcome to the Community!

Other Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 53 (3,797 Views)

Re: XAV-AX100 Sony -- Please disable the Warning Screen on start up + more

I concur! A 15 second delay or acknowledge once a month would be brilliant. Whenever I go to change channels I have to aim for the little ok first. My driving needs all the help it can get!
Rookie
Message 12 of 53 (3,746 Views)

I 100% support this! I would love the option to disable the warning screen. It really is soooo annoying. Love the head unit but that feature is so hindering. Please Sony!
Rookie
Message 13 of 53 (3,733 Views)

I have signed up to this forum for the sole purpose of putting my support behind this request.

I love this head unti but accepting the same diclaimer every time I turn my car on is beyond annoying! Please allow us to permanently accept or disable this screen!

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 53 (3,725 Views)

[ Edited ]

Im 100% behind this request

To make matters worse... I just installet the TomTom navigation expansion unit, and you know what?

*** IT ALSO GOT A WARNING SCREEN ***

So now i have to press OK two times EVERY time i start my car...

THIS IS SUCH A HUGE FAIL. Come on Sony, talk to your lawyers and give us a practical solution!

If this isen't fixed soon, the name on my next car head unit wil not be "Sony".

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 53 (3,450 Views)

Joffrey, please add my vote to removing the 'warning' screen from the AX100. I'd be happy with once per week, but everytime I start my vehicle is extremely frustrating. I was thinking of purchasing the sat-nav add on, but I don't think I'll bother now if I have to tap through two 'warning' screens, I'll just carry on using Apple Maps navigation. Also +1 for displaying the radio frequency as well as the RDS name. Otherwise with those two annoyances, I'm extremely happy with the unit. Thanks. Matthew.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 53 (3,121 Views)

[ Edited ]

I couldn't agree more.  I bought two of these beautiful head units, one for my wife's car and one for mine, but this is incredibly annoying.  Having to dismiss this screen is frankly an even bigger distraction while driving than what you are warned about.

If the lawyers insist on some message, PLEASE allow an option to disable after X times or automatically dismiss this screen after a certain amount of time.

Also, the radio station label thing mentioned is silly too.  These two annoyances really take away from an otherwise great head unit.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 53 (3,112 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately I am giving up on Sony.  It's been months now (since I reported it and I am sure others did before me) and... it still isn't fixed -- just to be clear, this is not a difficult thing to resolve (I work in software development and know it's just a priority thing ... which speaks volumes about customer support).  

I need to get a new car stereo for my kid's car and was considering this, but with the warning screen issue, the radio RDS problem (scrolling text instead of radio station frequency display), a clock that varies wildly and the only firmware fix is to add accessories but no product software fixes?  ... no, I'll need to look at other vendors.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 53 (2,793 Views)

Bummer.  Definitely frustrating.  Maybe some industrious hacker will solve the problem if Sony won't address it.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 53 (2,646 Views)

+1 on this. It's super annoying...
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 53 (2,333 Views)

Registered to add my vote on getting this fixed.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook