Enthusiast
Message 81 of 102 (655 Views)

Re: XAV-AX100 Sony -- Please disable the Warning Screen on start up + more

Ok so just checked firmware on stereo and it’s up to date
Enthusiast
Message 82 of 102 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]

I did this and it works great. There is a safety mechanism involved where if it does not complete, it will continue to attempt to boot from USB forever, so you can just get the "real" software and and it will load it and it will boot from the USB and restore correctly. I know first hand that this works ;-) . The software also allows you to change the startup screen. My radio now has a custom bootup logo and does not prompt me to click ok.

IMG_4843.JPG

Apprentice
Message 83 of 102 (330 Views)

Well....... I didn't want to do this non-approved update but I got so sick of that ****** warning screen poping up I did it and I'm glad I did. Sony should hire the guy that figured it out. Took him no time and Sony has basically stopped replying to this subject. I will never buy another Sony product again! SONY YOU BLOW!!!!

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 102 (253 Views)

Very nice custom boot screen. How did you achieve this?

Enthusiast
Message 85 of 102 (243 Views)

I headed on down to here - this tool allows you to change it.
https://github.com/superdavex/Sony-XAV-AX100

I found images that I liked on Google, and combined/edited/prettied up and ensured 800x480 with this:
https://www.gimp.org

Rookie
Message 86 of 102 (229 Views)

Muito boa essa versão deste aparelho, possuo um no meu veículo e todos elogiam.

se quiserem ver o meu veículo acessem: http://rodoturcarioca.com.br

A Sony é magnífica e sempre utilizei os aparelhos...

Enthusiast
Message 87 of 102 (148 Views)

ok i have a problem with the modded update, i already updated the headunit to the latest firmware, then copied the modded update.zip contents to the flash drive, turned the ignition, inserted the flash drive, went to the settings screen then selected firmware, then clicked on update, the screen said update to 1.07 something, proceeded with update, progress bar ran up to 50% then unit rebooted to sony logo, and just showed the sony logo for 10 seconds the switched off, then on again back to sony logo , and its kinda like a boot loop?! is the unit bricked?? or is there a way to revert to the old firmware?? really need some help hereSmiley Sad

Enthusiast
Message 88 of 102 (141 Views)

The solution is to make sure you're using a USB key that uses the Master Boot Record (MBR) partition map and not GUID, used typically for larger keys. Reformat it if necessary. The thing is, the update will start from a key using either MBR or GUID, but will not complete unless the key is formatted with MBR. (Note: this is independent from the FAT32 filesystem requirement.)

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 102 (139 Views)

I think the unit is not bricked. It will continue to attempt to boot from USB until you give it an image that it recognizes.
Enthusiast
Message 90 of 102 (135 Views)

thanks for the quick reply jppellet, i tried a different key (8gb) formatted it to fat32 then copied the official update files to it, inserted it to the usb but still getting a boot loop, do i need to do a diskpart on the usb key?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook