Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
k1s Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 14 (851 Views)

Re: XAV-AX100 bug: black screen instead of Android Auto

JoffreyS wrote:

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
>Joffrey

Don't know about Jglowinski, but I have.

I was referred to your official 3rd party support company, SBE Ltd (https://sbeglobalservice.com/uk/support/track-repair). who wanted to me to send them the unit at my cost, charge me £20 to have a look at it, and charge me another £20 to send it back even if they couldn't repair it.  On the phone they sounded as tgough they had no clue about this product, and said "it's probably your phone" (also a Sony product).

Appalling idea of "service" from Sony for a unit costing more than £400 and under warranty.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 14 (845 Views)

k1s wrote:

JoffreyS wrote:

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
>Joffrey

Don't know about Jglowinski, but I have.

I was referred to your official 3rd party support company, SBE Ltd (https://sbeglobalservice.com/uk/support/track-repair). who wanted to me to send them the unit at my cost, charge me £20 to have a look at it, and charge me another £20 to send it back even if they couldn't repair it.  On the phone they sounded as tgough they had no clue about this product, and said "it's probably your phone" (also a Sony product).

Appalling idea of "service" from Sony for a unit costing more than £400 and under warranty.

I used the online chat and after going through very basic trouble shooting i was given the Warranty Support information.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 14 (770 Views)

Having the same problem.

I'm calling the support line today.

I noticed one time that unplugging and replugging the USB gave me an error out of Android Auto that the connection was not secure because of the date/time. Indeed the time on the unit had changed to a completely random time.

So I'm wondering if this issue is related: https://community.sony.com/t5/Other-Products/Sony-XAV-AX100-Steering-wheel-controls-don-t-work-and-c...

I'll update if I get anything else, but I also have tried switching USB cables to no avail.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 14 (396 Views)

i had the installer use the oem cable for the head unit and everything works fine for me now. he originally installed a better looking flush mount cable from the head unit that he has used before. even though the original oem dangles out of the dashboard awkwardly... at least it works now.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook