Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
k1s Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (2,276 Views)

XAV-AX100 reverse camera always on at startup

I connected up a reversing camera to my XAV-AX100, first with nothing connected to the reverse signal cable

Everytime the unit is swicthed on it only comes on after the safety warning.  Same if the reverse signal cable is connected or not.

Is this a bug?  

Message 2 of 8 (2,253 Views)

Re: XAV-AX100 reverse camera always on at startup

[ Edited ]

Hi k1s,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

This is not a bug.

This is a normal operation of the car stereo.

You may try pressing the RESET button.

See location in the image below.

XAV-AX100reset1.jpg

For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

k1s Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (2,245 Views)

Joffrey, that's not a helpful response. The picture you attached is not even anything like the model I'm asking about. There is no detachable face plate, no cd slot, no reset button. Do you even know what you're talking about?
k1s Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (2,151 Views)

I see you've edited your post and found a reset button on the correct model.  I pressed it.  The issue still exists.  You say " 

This is not a bug.

This is a normal operation of the car stereo"

How can it be normal for the reverse camera to operate at startup and remain on all the time, until I go to the home screen and turn it off, in which case it doesn't come back on when engaging reverse?

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8 (2,074 Views)

Hey k1s...

I'm actually experiencing what sounds like a very similar - if not identical - bug. I wrote up a new post describing the problem and how I can temporarily fix it, as well as show the steps it takes to reproduce the error:

https://community.sony.com/t5/Other-Products/Sony-XAV-AX100-car-stereo-repeatable-backup-camera-glit...

If you'd be willing to test it, maybe you could try checking to see if the same steps outlined in my post lead to the same results in your XAV-AX100. If that's the case, then maybe the issue will be escalated by Sony support for not being considered "normal operation of the car stereo."

k1s Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (1,726 Views)

k00mk03 wrote:

https://community.sony.com/t5/Other-Products/Sony-XAV-AX100-car-stereo-repeatable-backup-camera-glit...

If you'd be willing to test it...

Hi - seems to be a dead link

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8 (1,700 Views)

[ Edited ]

Strange... the link still works for me...

By the way, here is a video of the problem:

The comments on the Vimeo page are annotated with my actions - and what the XAV-AX100 does - in response to the inputs.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8 (927 Views)

Confirming I am seeing the exact same bug behavior. I tore up my whole car thinking I messed up some part of my wiring and only after triple confirming everything, testing with alternate cameras, I confirmed the bug is with the headunit firmware.

I have posted similar thread here: http://community.sony.com/t5/Other-Products/Sony-XAV-AX100-Backup-Camera-Bug-FW-1-02-06/m-p/644880#M...

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook