Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 14 (3,809 Views)
Accepted Solution

XAV-AX100 update failed

Hi,

yesterday I've tried to update my Sony XAV-AX100 System to version 1.02.06.

I've formatted an USB Stick with FAT32 and put the update directory on it. Then going to my car and started update progress.

A few seconds later it prompted "Update Failed" Screen and that I have to reset unit with a pen. Few seconds later it restarted itself without any interaction.

This happens repeatly until I switch off the engine. Does anybody has the same behaviour during updating the radio? Or does anybody has an advise for me, how I can get the radio back to life?

Kind regards

Felix

Rookie
Message 2 of 14 (3,791 Views)

Re: XAV-AX100 update failed

I've found a solution!

the problem was that I've formatted my USB-Drive without a volume name. I've formatted my USB-Drive with a name, plugged the stick into the USB Port and it worked.

Rookie
Message 3 of 14 (3,086 Views)

I am having the exact same issue.  Unfortunately this approach did not work for me.  After reformatting the stick with a volume name I am still in the death loop.  Sony  support says I need to send the radio in for repair but when I call to set that up it turns out they are not open on Saturday?  I'm about to throw the whole ****** thing into the river and go with a Pioneer or Kenwood...

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 14 (2,840 Views)

I had the same issue.  I started the update from the settings menu and it appeared to be working.  When the unit rebooted it briefly flashed one error screen and then progressed to another which indicated to reboot the headunit using the small front facing button.  I tried Sony Support chat for assistance which was more or less a support staffer reading me the manual.  It was not particularly helpful.  I read this thread and surmised that the second stage update software (in the bootloader maybe?) wasn't able to read the USB key (32 GB ADATA USB 3.0 key).  I dug around and found an old OCZ 4GB Rally2 USB key and configured it for the update.  I plugged it in and the second stage of the update started and my unit is again functional and running the latest firmware.  My suggestion for anyone having trouble is to try a different USB key.  My suspicion is using older lower capacity USB 2.0 keys is less likely to cause the issue.  Good luck.

Rookie
Message 5 of 14 (2,813 Views)

I am just cuious on he update....If its updating do you get a black screen?

Rookie
Message 6 of 14 (2,709 Views)

Thank you for your post.  I had the same problem.  I started the update using SanDisk Ultra 128GB USB3.0 stick. Which performed enough update to turn the headunit into a brick.  It sat this way for couple of days until I found your post.  I dug up an old USB2.0 4GB stick (Freebee from a Tradeshow) and I was able to complete the update.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14 (2,669 Views)

I didn't get any prolonged blank screens. The first stage of the update shows a process bar in the style of the UI. The second stage looks a bit more rudimentary, but still shows a process bar.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14 (2,666 Views)

You are very welcome. I didn't want anyone to have to uninstall unnecessarily.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 14 (2,540 Views)

How come when insight the vehicle off when the radio is on it always ****** back a preset station
Confused on this one
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 14 (2,538 Views)

The radio will jump back 1 preset everytime

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook