Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 9 (18,936 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to turn off beeping sound when stereo is shut off

Merry Xmas everyone.

I installed the Sony CDX-GT55UIW FM/AM Compact Disc Player in my Golf Cart. When I turn off the ignition and the stereo powers down, it gives off this annoying 3 pattern beeping sound.

I have already turned off the beep option.

Any help in turning off this beeping sound would be gtreatley appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Expert
Message 2 of 9 (18,930 Views)

Re: how to turn off beeping sound when stereo is shut off

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Sony Community!

If you turn the ignition switch to the OFF position without detaching the front panel, the caution alarm will sound for a few seconds. The alarm will only sound if the built-in amplifier is used. Caution alarm will sound even if beep option is set to OFF under SETUP menu. This is normal operation. Information about Caution alarm and detaching front panel is mentioned on page#7 of the instructions manual:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CDXGT55UIW_EN_ES.pdf

Please mark the solution as accepted if you find the information helpful.

Thank you for your post.

Rookie
Message 3 of 9 (16,991 Views)

Yikes! - this is a horrible feature.  It is so annoying.  Basicly your responce is that you can't turn off the beeping if the face place is attached?!  What if you like taking the face plate off when the car is turned off?! I would not have purchased this unit if I had known this was so. 

There was no explanations of this feature on the products online description. I will be giving this Sony stereo deck a bad review on the website I purchased it. 

Rookie
Message 4 of 9 (9,961 Views)

I have found a way to disable the face plate caution alarm on my Sony CD player through the units control settings.  Unfortunately it is difficult to find.    I have created a youtube video that demonstrates how to turn off the alarm on my model.  Your model may be somewhat different, but similar in concept. I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wMQx1PRxs

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (3,994 Views)

I was searching also for a way to disable the extremely irritating beeps whenever my Sony CDX gt260mp car deck is shut off! First off, who on earth would ever think that was a desirable feature!!!!?????

i saw the post where the poster claimed to have solved this problem but I'm unable to play the YouTube video or it's not there anymore or....?

could anyone direct me somehow to this video or explain how this can be done?

Any help will be greatly appreciated to eliminate this admittedly small but still VERY annoying situation!

Thx,

Gord

Message 6 of 9 (3,965 Views)

Hi Gc5444,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Sony car stereo systems that have a removable faceplate will sound a caution alarm (or beep) when the vehicle is turned off as a reminder to remove the faceplate. This is normal operation. For models made in 2011 and prior (see exceptions below), this cannot be disabled. For the 2011 models that are indicated below and all other models made in 2012 or later, refer to the steps below if you would like to turn off the CAUT ALM (caution alarm) feature.

2011 models which this feature can be turned off:

• CDXGT56UI
  • CDXGT260MP
  • CDXGT360MP
  • CDXGT40U
  • CDXGT565UP
  • CDXGT660UP

NOTES:

• If applicable to your model, the caution alarm will not sound if an external power amplifier (optional) is connected.
  • Refer to the Installation manual included with your car stereo for specific information regarding connecting an external amplifier. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.
  • We recommend that you contact a professional installer to verify your setup connection and perform the installation.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 7 of 9 (3,940 Views)

The video is still available on Youtube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wMQx1PRxs

I hope his solution works on your particular model.

Bob

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (3,779 Views)

Thanks for both responses Joffrey and Tekqst. My deck is included in the list of exceptions. I thought I had gone thru all the settings on my unit but maybe I just never recognized or understood what "caut alm " was or what it did? Will try tomorrow and report back!

Gord

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9 (3,726 Views)

Hallelujah!!!!  Today is the first day of the rest of my life without that annoying beeping from my car deck!!!! 😄

After reading instructions on the forum here but especially watching the YouTube video posted by Tekqst, I was able to remove a small irritation from my life that I've cursed for about four years. Numerous people had said you can't remove that beep and the manual gave no indication of being able to either. (?)

Many thanks again!!!!!

Gord

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook