Welcome to the Community!

PlayMemories

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 11 (4,561 Views)

Cannot Download Timelapse App

I'm having major trouble downloading the timelapse app to my Sony A7R or even successfully connecting to the 'connection verification' app in the browser.

I've done this successfully in the past but it seems there is now a bug in the Playmemories downloading service.

I've tried many different browsers and computers but they all have the same problem of the downloader app crashing. In the advised Explorer browser I get this error message.

''Network error has occurred.
Please check the network and try again. (# D-ResultCode)''

There's no problem with my internet connection. I'm connected to the router by ethernet and I have no problem with email, FTP, uploadingand downloading.

I emailed Sony Alpha tech support but they told me to call the Sony Canada's PlayStation Network support team at 888-476-6972 which was a complete waste of time and money.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I really need to get this app installed ASAP for a shoot next week. I paid for the download but can't download it.

Thanks in advance

Trocity

Message 2 of 11 (4,536 Views)

Re: Cannot Download Timelapse App

Hi trocity,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

I would suggest trying to download the app directly from the camera instead of using a computer. Since you've already purchased the app, it should show up on the available apps for download in your account. Simply go to the PlayMemories Camera Apps Menu in your camera, sign in to your account and select the app you want to download.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, it would be best to contact the PlayStation Network team as they are better equipped to assist with your concern.

For further assistance, we recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Rookie
Message 3 of 11 (4,525 Views)

Hi Mitch,

I tried that bit got this error message eve nafter confirming that I was properly connected to the internet.

''Could not connect t othe server. Set the correct Area/Date/Time settings and verify the Network Settings''. All of which have been set correctly.

Please advise.

Trocity

Message 4 of 11 (4,501 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi trocity,

Please initialize the camera, initializing will restore it back to default settings. It will also uninstall apps that are in the camera. After initializing, make sure that the date is correct. Make sure that the year is correct and it is 2015. once the camera connects to wifi, open the apps menu, it will ask you to log in. Just input your username and password and you can start downloading free apps now. If you will get the Time Lapse apps, make sure that the credit card information is filled up in your PSN account. 

Best regards,

Zander

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (4,419 Views)

I have the same problem but with "Star Trails". Are you saying we would have to purchase the app again?  Maybe I did not understand?   Please clarify.

Message 6 of 11 (4,396 Views)

Hi hkstaub2,

If you initialized the camera and you have paid apps, you can just redownload the same paid apps and it will no longer charge you. 

You mention that you are getting issue with the camera and with the app, may I know what model you have and  what error you are getting?

Best regards,

Zander

Rookie
Message 7 of 11 (2,636 Views)

Whether downloading it from the online network or from the camera, I get the same message: "502 bad gateway"...

seems like the sony network is down.  I got a feeling this happens a lot.

Argh.

Expert
Message 8 of 11 (2,556 Views)

Hi Sean-sosv,

We're sorry to hear that. Are you still experiencing this problem? 

Please provide us the complete error message and the exact step you are doing when you are getting the error.

Regards,

-Anthony

Rookie
Message 9 of 11 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]

Anthony:

Thanks for responding.

Yes, the software is still buggy, but, good news, I tried again to download the software on a different day, and it appeared the network was up, so I was able to download the timelapse software.  I then tried to download another app, but it failed.  I'm not sure if the Sony network went down, or if there is some other flaky condition.  All other internet functions worked fine.

I've given the message that I get... (502 is the bad gateway message from SONY that discharges all hope).

The first error message that one gets when connecting to a new network is:

"could not connect to the server. Set the correct Area/Date/Time and verify the "Network Settings".

but fortunately one can ignore that message, as it isn't true... and in fact the page will start loading in the background. you just have to click menu to get on with the next function.

So, for the moment, it isn't crucial.  There is one other app that I want to download that uses the timelapse feature, but I'm on the road right now, and I can't access the internet from my camera because of the inability to use the camera to click the "OK" button that hotels/airports have when you have to say that you're ok with using their internet.

best, 

Sean

Rookie
Message 10 of 11 (1,374 Views)

Same problem here

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook