Welcome to the Community!

PlayMemories

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (1,916 Views)

Disc Creation from PlayMemories Home

I have a Sony HDR SR12 Handycam.  With my new laptop, I downloaded the PlayMemories Home software.  Now when I select 'Tools->Create Discs' I get a message that I need to download the Disc Creation feature, but it never succeeds in downloading.  It always fails with a message that my network connection is lost.  There is nothing wrong with my network.  A similar message with downloading the PlayMemories software was overcome by disabling anti-virus software, but that is not working in this case either.  How do I get the software to create discs?

Message 2 of 6 (1,901 Views)

Re: Disc Creation from PlayMemories Home

Hi daisymae,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

May I ask for the OS of your laptop? If you're using a Mac computer, you won't be able to use Disc Creation. But if you're using a Windows computer, I recommend running the PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool to reset the program to its default settings. Please disable the firewall and antivirus software of the computer before initializing it. Once done, retry to download the Disc Creation add-on. Please make sure you're logged on as an administrator on your laptop before making any changes to the software. Also, plug your camera into the computer while downloading add on and creating a disc for the first time.

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below. Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (1,889 Views)

Thanks that worked.  A little odd to have to reset when I had only just installed the software, but I'm moving forward again.  Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6 (1,881 Views)

Next question:  Now that I have the software installed, how do I get it to recognize the disc to burn the DVD?  The application keeps telling me the disc is not writable even though every other part of my system says it is.  My system is Windows 10, btw.

Message 5 of 6 (1,867 Views)

Hi,

I'm glad it worked out for you. As for the compatible discs you can use when creating discs, please refer to this page. If you're using DVD-R, DVD+R or BD-R discs, they can't be written over. So please make sure to use blank discs. 

NOTE: Bluray discs can be created using a Bluray disc drive.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (139 Views)

DVD-R cannot be written OVER, but if it is a brand new disc that has nothing on it, it should work to write TO.

The link you provide gives an error.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook