Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

PlayMemories

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (538 Views)

How do I move labels in play memories to new PC?

I have used play memories for many years and have purchase a new PC.  how do I move the lables to the new pc and have them still tied to the existing photos?

Message 2 of 3 (526 Views)

Re: How do I move labels in play memories to new PC?

Hi mjschliebe,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

The labels and other tags such as the ratings won't be retained when the pictures are imported to the new computer. The tags and labels are only saved in the computer or device that you're using to organize the files. Instead, I would recommend to organize and arrange the files into different folders named after the labels you used so that when it would be easier to organize them on the new device. You can import new files to the various folders in the Import window of PMH by clicking on Browse and selecting the appropriate folder.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (89 Views)

Re: How do I move labels in play memories to new PC?

"I would recommend to organize and arrange the files into different folders named after the labels you used so that when it would be easier to organize them on the new device."

So is there a way to copy/cut all pictures with the same label at once from Play Memories, or do I need to do this picture by picture via "Right Click then "Open Containig Folder" then copy and paste?  I have over 20 000 pics labels to transfer, so if there is no easier way to copy and arrange pics by label (than the one I described), I'd be better off reviewing all pictures an labeling them again from scratch. Only this time i another software.

Thansk!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook