Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8 (1,539 Views)
Accepted Solution

Playmemories Home for Windows can't login to Online account

I am desperately looking for solution. I have Win 8.1 64bit PC with Playmemories Home software installed for more then a year. I have no issues with camera (a6000) or uploading photos from camera to pc. After recent software update to ver 5.3.01.02070 I cannot login into my online account. On the right top corner I have an option "Sign In to Playmemories Online". I click there, have popped out window, where I type my log and password. After that I have "spinning" wheel for 3 seconds and......nothing. It goes back.

There is no way to find direct support for Playmemories Home (PMH) software. I have been redirected to cameras, laptops, playstation support. Nobody can give me even an advise what can be a problem. I am trying to get email where I can write my request- it doesn't exist. Some of the reps told me that there was a recent update and server maintenance (02/22/2017), and that could be an issue. Today is 03/03/2017, and I still cannot see my online collections. I can download to my online account through browser (meaning that my login is working and problem is only with PMH software). 

I tried uninstall, reinstall, downgrade software to prior version, - no results.

This is my last attempt to get attention to my problem. Help.

Thanks beforehand.

Apprentice
Message 2 of 8 (1,503 Views)

Re: Playmemories Home for Windows can't login to Online account

Answering to myself. Got notification today

Notice of temporary service interruption of PlayMemories Home for Windows®

PlayMemories Online is temporarily unavailable on PlayMemories Home for Windows®.

We are working to restore services as quickly as we can, and we would like to thank our customers for bearing with the interrupted service.

- The Sony PlayMemories Online Team

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8 (1,422 Views)

One week later. Talking to myself. No solution.

Only getting emails form sony "was your problem solved? How will you grade our help"?

So far my answer is, I am not getting ANY (with capital letters) support from Sony. No help, no support, no solution. NOTHING.

Will tell you more. I downloaded PlayMemoriesHome on my other computer running Windows 7. Same problem. Can not login to my online account.

I am trying to understand, if I am the only one who experiencingsuch problem? If no, then what Sony is doing for more then 2 weeks to fix the bug? If yes, then I think that my account has been blocked. In either way, will stay away from Sony in future.

Message 4 of 8 (1,359 Views)

Hi Alexmark,

We're sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Our engineers are currently working to release a revised version of PlayMemories Home by the end of March 2017.

Your patience is highly appreciated. 

Please visit this website for updates:

http://blog.playmemoriesonline.com/en_ww/2017/03/notification0223en.html.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8 (1,355 Views)

Thank you, Anthony.

This is the first answer I received after a month of suffering. Hope that your engineers will fix it. Still unclear, how Sony released the version that has bugs and takes a month to be fixed?

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8 (1,112 Views)

Well.

Today is March,31,2017. Any progress?

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8 (932 Views)

Still talking to myself. Got a message from Sony saying that finally the updated version is ready foe download.

[Added on April 11]

Released the fixed version of the PlayMemories Home Windows® version. By updating PlayMemories Home, you can use the link function between PlayMemories Home and PlayMemories Online.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We appreciate your continued patronage of PlayMemories Online.

Downloaded. Installed. Still doesn't work.

If I try to sign in manually I receive new message

To sign in, an update of your account information is required. An e-mail message with instructions has been sent to s********a@gmail.com. It may take up to 24 hours to receive this message.

Now it's even more problematic - I can't login into my account from browser. And I didn't get any emails with instructions even I get this message for over 72 hours.

Way to go Sony. And your apology is not accepted

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8 (896 Views)

The problem is solved.

I have to accept that I have 2 email accounts and one is just forwarding emails to another. I checked the second, because all emails were suppose to be transfered to my second. However, ONLY THOSE IMPOPRTANT emails with instructions how to reset the account were landed in SPAM folder of the first email. Checked it, reset the password. Everything is back to normal.

Happy again.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook