PlayMemories

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (720 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remote Control app (PlayMemory) with a6000 shows controls only for the first time

I am trying to use PlayMemory with my a6000 in its remote control mode.

I could see the finder image on my iPhone 5s (iOS 9.2.1), a zoom control, an aparture control, and the shutter button for the first time the app opens. But after taking a shot, all controls disappear. I had to turn off and back on the camera and re-connect from the app to see the controls. What am I doing wrong?

Message 2 of 4 (686 Views)

Re: Remote Control app (PlayMemory) with a6000 shows controls only for the first time

Hi Tkok,

If the camera is taking too long to respond when trying to use the Smart Remote Control app, update the camera firmware and Smart Remote Control app to the latest version. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.

You can also try to uninstall the PlayMemories mobile app on your iOS device. 

Then reinstall the PlayMemories mobile app:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/playmemories-mobile./id489191124?&mt=8.

You may also find this link helpful:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-mobile/en/operation/alpha_remote.htm....

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (608 Views)

Re: Remote Control app (PlayMemory) with a6000 shows controls only for the first time

Thank you Anthony, and I'm so sorry for super slow response.

I finaly was able to update the camera-side aRemote Control pp and the PlayMemories iphone app.

But when I tried to test it, I can no longer find a way to make the camera the Wifi access point. (Currently, the camera is accessing my home wifi network.) I understand the camera should function as an access point and iPhone should be connected to it.  If you could point me to instructions on how to make the camera work as an access point, i really appreciate it.

TKOK

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (464 Views)

Never mind. I think I've found it out. I needed to choose Remote Control. The new version has a much better user interface. Thank you!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook