Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (3,839 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bought camera in Netherlands but live in the US

I live in the US but had to buy a camera last minute in the Netherlands. Where should I register it? Also is it possible to trade in the EU plug to get a US plug?
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (3,805 Views)

Re: Bought camera in Netherlands but live in the US

Hello?

Rookie
Message 3 of 5 (3,496 Views)

Did you get a response?  I have the same question as I bought in Spain, but live in Canada.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (3,495 Views)

Hi Kyoto,

Basically there is nothing we can do and any work that needs to get done is out of warranty. There is a special tourist warranty if you're in certain parts of Asia but it has to be purchased or signed up for when you buy the camera.
Message 5 of 5 (2,778 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Kyoto,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our https://productregistration.sony.com/ site is specific for our US customers and it is focused on this market.

Sony has a specific site for each country, which you can find by going to http://www.sony.net/electronics/index.html?cc=US and it can be used to find your country specific site to register your product in the appropriate location.

Any Sony device should be registered from the country of origin. The product from Netherland can't be recognized in the US registration page. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook