Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (1,037 Views)

Delete Product registration from Product Locker.

Hello I would like to return a Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16–35 mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL1635Z) I purchased from a licensed vendor who provided me a open box item when the listing stated new. 

I am trying to delete this registered product from my product Locker and I follow the steps as given but  it keeps popping up like the other people mention as well when I log back in. Could anybody @ Sony  facilitate this for me? 

Thanks in advance

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11 (1,038 Views)

Re: Delete Product registration from Product Locker.

Good luck. I sent a PM to Jen and the issue was supposed to be elevated to...wherever and after quite a period I just check back in my locker and the duplicate products I deleted numerous times are still there. As little attention Sony pays to this site i really don't know why it's even here, or for that matter, why I bother. In the end it makes no difference if you register your products or not. I speak from the camera products only. They may pay more attention to PS and TV and audio products.I spend little if any time on this site but am subscribed to this topic so I checked in. Good luck.
P.S. I'd keep that lens if you can get the seller to adjust the price. Just my two cents.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (1,035 Views)

This is bullcrap! The lens is used the ****** out of it and they charged me new. Amazon seller.....

How many days, weeks months or years have you been waiting for? Did you call anybody?>

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11 (1,030 Views)

OK, my bad. I thought maybe it was just a matter of new vs open box, not new vs trashed!
No haven't called because, frankly what's the point? In my case it's just that a camera and a lens are listed twice and I just wanted to delete them. Not a big issue, just annoying and an indication of Sony's lack of attention to this particular problem, which as you have seen, many people have. Matters not, if the lens is registered here, as to you returning it. That's between you and the seller and or Amazon. Hope you get your money back.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (1,019 Views)

Thank you. This is in fact ridiSmiley Frustratedculous, I can see the same issue dates back years. 

I just called and sent messages to everybody in this thread, lets see what happens. If you ever go to amazon avoid seller: ThePixelConnection. 

Spoiler

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11 (1,013 Views)

Will be interesting to see. Thanks for the heads up on the seller.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11 (895 Views)

It worked! I messaged a person by the name of Jen @ Sony and she removed it for me. Yei!!! Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11 (875 Views)

Congrats. That's the same person I communicated with and I still have duplicate cameras and lenses and an item caleed "Default" which I have no clue as to what that is. 

Message 9 of 11 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Bobsright,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention that you've sent me a private message but the issue hasn't fixed yet. For some reason, I haven't got any private message with the username Bobsright. Don't worry I will forward your concern to the proper department so that it will be fixed as soon as possible. 

Please send me a private message with the list of models that you want to be deleted and also kindly verify the email address that is associated with your account. 

Thank you,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 11 (211 Views)

OK. I know this isn't life and death and as you can see it's been over a month since I last logged in, so I'm not as concerned about this issue as I am in Sony's inability to address and fix it. I visted my product registration page just now and duplicate items are still there and keep returning after deletion. I have a love hate relationship with Sony. I keep buying their products for some strange reason. My most recent purchase an A99II. Having had it for a few months a couple of things bother me. This camera is an upgrade from my A58 and except for a ton of extra features I may never use the picture quality is not all that. The A58 takes as good photos and even brand new was never anywhere near the cost of the A99II. The other thing is Sony's lack of interest in supporting this camera and it's lens system. Everyone thought the "A" mount was dead, then Sony introduced this model. But that's it. No new "A" mount lenses, no firmware updates to fix numerous issues talked about elsewhere on this forum and others, that have to do with using third party or Minolta lenses, which we have to do because Sony hasn't stepped up to the plate and supported this very expensive camera. At this point I don't care about duplicates in my product resistration, because I plan on selling all my Sony cameras and lenses and phone and going with a company that actually gives a **** about it's customers after the sale.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook