Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (2,962 Views)

How is non-sony authorized dealer shopsmarttvs.com able to provide manufacturer warranty?

How are vendors like shopsmarttvs.com, ******nalpc.com and so on able to claim to provide manufacturer warranty even though they are not listed in Sony's authorized dealer list? Their prices are quite the bargain but unless warranty is included it's more of a trap I guess. 

Can I still buy from them and expect Sony to honour the warranty?

Message 2 of 4 (2,924 Views)

Re: How is non-sony authorized dealer shopsmarttvs.com able to provide manufacturer warranty?

Hi PhantomXS,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Sony has a 1 year limited manufaturer's warranty on all brand new products. Whether you buy it to an authorized dealer or not as long as you have the receipt that proves you purchase it in less than a year then we should honor it. You just need to call the Sony Technical Support for assistance. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (1,225 Views)

Re: How is non-sony authorized dealer shopsmarttvs.com able to provide manufacturer warranty?

I like your answer! But, I am considering purchasing a high-end Sony TV, and want to be certain I don’t end up with a Sony-branded boat anchor. I wanted to be sure your policy is still true, and I have some follow-up questions to be sure I can clearly be within terms of warranty.

This class of web vendors in question are middle vendors, and not listed on the Sony Authorized Dealer web page. I have the experience of purchasing a Sony-competitor brand, high-end TV from such a web company, and was able to get excellent factory service.

These middle web vendors claim Sony TVs are purchased new from authorized distributors. The Sony warranty says a “bill of sale from the original end user purchase” is an option for warranty coverage validation. Here are the questions:

1. Is my receipt directly from the middle web vendor sufficient for getting Sony warranty service?
  2. Alternately, do I need to have the receipt showing the transaction between middle web vendor and Sony-authorized distributor? This option seems insurmountable given the competitive implications of exposing supply sources.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (942 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi JimInAtl,

Welcome to Sony Community!

To answer your questions, your proof of purchase/receipt directly from the middle web vendor or unauthorized dealer/retailer is sufficient for getting Sony warranty service as long as the proof of purchase/receipt contains the following:

1. Vendor (dealer/retailer)'s name
  2. Date of purchase or Shipment date
  3. Model name or number
  4. Price paid
  5. Any conditions of sale

You don't need to have the receipt showing the transaction between middle web vendor and Sony-authorized distributor. 

Regards, 

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook