Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (882 Views)

I'm getting too old to deal with "Your account is not confirmed!"

Hello All,

This is getting to be quite a saga. I went to sign in to register a purchase and I get told my user name/password is invalid. So I think "perhaps I didn't register my BD players like I thought."

OK, I'll start a new account. I fill in all the details, name, email etc. plus product info and serial number and hit submit.

Uh oh.... "This user already exists." So I did register them then....

OK. Let's try "Forgot Password." So I did. And I get an email and I reset my password.

And I try again....  "Your account is not confirmed!" But, but, but.... it's an existing account. And there's NO option to reconfirm it.

PLEASE!!!!! Somebody save my sanity. All I'm trying to do is register a product!

Apprentice
Message 2 of 10 (819 Views)

Re: I'm getting too old to deal with "Your account is not confirmed!"

I'm having the same exact problem.  I've called Sony but they tell me they can't help with website issues.  Go figure.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (816 Views)

I tried the online support chat and got exactly..... nowhere. Their best offer was "you can register by phone." I don't want to register by phone - I already have an account and have had for years.

This is the first time I have bought a Sony camera - my main system is Canon - and I bought it to use for infra-red photography. Not an expensive camera by modern standards perhaps, but still $600 worth. For $600 I expect to able to register it without any issues.

The response by Sony is positively underwhelming. I don't have and never have had this isssue (or anything like it) with Canon.

I am not impressed.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10 (707 Views)

"We officially support users from the US, Canada, Latin America and Asia Pacific." is what it says for this community.

So... where's the support? 5 days and not a single peep from Sony. 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (676 Views)

Exact same problem with no help from Sony.  Want to edit my account to remove an item, as well as adding a new TV. 

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 10 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]

14 days and counting! Not ONE peep from Sony.

I give up. I have created a new account so that I can register my camera but I will not be rushing out to buy anything else made by Sony.

I am very disappointed by the total lack of support.

Message 7 of 10 (304 Views)

Hi TalismanUK,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have sent you a private message, kindly check you Community inbox.

Regards, 

JenF

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 10 (301 Views)

Hi Stantheman75,

We apologize for the inconvenience. I have sent you a private message, kindly check you Community inbox.

Regards, 

JenF

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 9 of 10 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem. How many give up without even checking here? Sony, fix this or give a clearer explanation of the problem!!!!! (PS private responses don't help *all* of us)

Message 10 of 10 (43 Views)

Hi SonySiteSux,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue has been fixed. You should be able to log in to your Sony account now. Please let us know if you still encounter any problem.

We appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 

Jen

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook