Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (2,220 Views)

Terrible IT support

I have been trying for two months to get someone to fix the e-mail process on product registration. The IT people responsible for https://productregistration.sony.com/ are unresponsive and do not understand the problem. Their one reply was bogus and showed they had no clue to the issue.

I have had an account to register Sony products for years. When I went to register a product it recognized my account but my password did not work. Using the reset password process did not work (I never recieved an e-mail). At some point in time Sony changed its e-mail process (probably out sourced it to someone like Constant Contact) and is blocking e-mails to "spamcop.net" accounts (a valide e-mail provider). I can no longer use my account to register any new Sony products or access my old products registered with this account. Someone needs to fix this!

I am quite dissapointed in Sony though they are not the only over sized uncaring company with IT people who do not know what they are doing.

Expert
Message 2 of 5 (2,172 Views)

Re: Terrible IT support

Hello Erbogan,

We already have a solution for this issue on Sony community. Please click here which resolves your issue. Thanks-Richards 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (2,167 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

I alread saw this and it does not solve the problem. I went through the verification process (it recognized my e-mail account I have used for years when I went to register a new product) but I never received the e-mail (and yes I checked my spam filter). I tried several times. the problem is as I stated "Sony changed its e-mail process (probably out sourced it to someone like Constant Contact) and is blocking e-mails to "spamcop.net" accounts (a valide e-mail provider).

I do this type of support (and more) for a living and know what the problem is.

Expert
Message 4 of 5 (2,132 Views)

Hi Erbogan,

We regret the inconvenience, can you please provide us your model number.

Thanks~Andrew.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (2,125 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Excuse me, but what does your reply have to do with my problem?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook