Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 14 (3,919 Views)

What have you done to my product registration page?

Good Day:

I have had my Sony products registered at https://productregistration.sony.com since 2010. I just bought a BluRay player. I want to register it with you. I tried to sign in to my page and it wouldn't take my password. I tried to get a new password and the website kept iunforming me that I was entering the CAPTCHA incorrectly. I played the audio and it confirmed what I had typed. It still wouldn't take it. I can't reset my password.

So I called 800-222-SONY. They referred me to the PlayStation people. I don't knowwhy and neither does PlayStation. So I went back to the start.

Someone there told me that based on my home phone number, they "needed to know" my relationship to Eric Schultz. I never heard of him. Why is my home phone number under his name? So they looked me up under the phone number that I had in 2010. Never mind that I updated the registration page when we moved and that now my new phone number is supposed to be there. They found me. And what a shock, my email address is showing there. So is my TV. So in my entertainment center. But my camera is not there. And no, they can't help me get access to my page anymore because I can't tell them who Eric Schultz is.

BUT! I can speak with Customer Relations. Perhaps they can help me,. BUT! I can't call them. They're very busy. They will call or email me when they can - sometime, probably in the next 24 to 48 hours.

This is maddening, not to mention rude.

What did you guys do? Why am I unable to access a page I've had with you since 2010? And why can I not get someone on the phone who can help? I've never before had such trouble with a company. Customer Relations is 'very busy' and Customer Support cannot do a blessed thing.

I plan to send the BluRay player back as soon as it arrives and go buy a Panasonic. At least when I call them, their Customer Support actually offiers support - as opposed to a heavily accented gentleman offering me nothing.

I think I'll just email this post to the NY Times' Haggler.

Jessie Lilley Campbell

Santa Cruz, CA

Expert
Message 2 of 14 (2,428 Views)

Re: What have you done to my product registration page?

I feel your pain! I'm a ****** too. I can't find my old registration page with my TVs, cameras, lenses, and other miscellaneous equipment. This is not cool. I just purchased a SLTA99ii and VGC77AM grip already have the SLTA99v, several lenses, and old Minolta, Konica-Minolta cameras and miscellaneous equipment like flashes, flash meters, cords, etc, etc., TV, DVD, and stereo and multi-changer CD player. I can't find any of that stuff now. You know, the customer service was so poor back when I bought the SLTA99v that I said I was leaving Sony. Well, after I heard Sony got rid of a couple of divisions so they could concentrate more on their cameras, I thought they'd be better. Apparently I am mistaken. Oh well, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. So I guess it's my fault for being an uninformed consumer.

GeGi
Minolta: 700Si, HTsi Plus, 9, 9Ti
Konica-Minolta: 7D, Sony: Mavica, A700, A99v, A99M2, A77M2
Message 3 of 14 (2,391 Views)

Hi, Gegjr

Welcome to Sony Community! 

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our Support Team will be glad to help you out registering your product. You may contact them here: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-contacts.pl?mdl=VGC77AM

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Expert
Message 4 of 14 (2,390 Views)

Registering the VG-C77AM is not the issue. I have registered it but it is under a different registration account because I was unable to find my original registration account. The original registration account has a TV, DVD, 2 camera, and miscellaneous camera accessories. Now I cannot find the original account.

GeGi
Message 5 of 14 (2,178 Views)

Hi Gegjr,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your community inbox.

Regards,

~Ralph

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 14 (2,148 Views)

I'm having the same issue... what is the resolution?

Message 7 of 14 (2,109 Views)

Hi Snagnasty

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. For further assistance, please send us a private message with the email address that you used when you created your account. 

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14 (1,532 Views)

I sent an email almost 2 months ago, but haven't heard anything back....

Expert
Message 9 of 14 (1,525 Views)

RalphE wrote:

Hi Gegjr,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your community inbox.

Regards,

~Ralph

Hi RalphE,

I responded to your private message on 6/6/17. It has now been almost 2 months and I haven't heard back from anyone. Please let me know what is going on.

GeGi
Expert
Message 10 of 14 (1,499 Views)

I replied to your private message on 6/6/17 and haven't had not one response. What the heck is the problem. does Sony not care? This will probably be the last product I ever purchase of Sony's. I am very disappointed in the level of customer service.
GeGi

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook