Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 20 (2,318 Views)

Why won't product registration accept my model number?

When I enter model number XBR-65X750D is says invalid. But, it's what I find on my owner's manuel. What gives? 

Rookie
Message 2 of 20 (2,247 Views)

Re: Why won't product registration accept my model number?

Same problem, when I enter the model number DSC-HX80 the system kicks it out and repeats the request for a model number.  I can't get past it.

Rookie
Message 3 of 20 (2,144 Views)

I am having the same problem!!!

Rookie
Message 4 of 20 (2,104 Views)

Same problem, can't enter model number

Rookie
Message 5 of 20 (2,104 Views)

same problem

Rookie
Message 6 of 20 (1,944 Views)

Who doesn't recognize "Walmart"?

Rookie
Message 7 of 20 (1,971 Views)

Same problem w/ trying to register my XBR65X930D!

Is anyone from SONY Support going to answer & fix these issues???

(Hello... is there anybody from SONY there?!)

Message 8 of 20 (1,886 Views)

Hello Sony Community!

Welcome!

If you are getting errors during the registration process (US and Canada) please contact our support team, they'll be happy to register and create a profile for you and your devices for their warranties. Please visit the link below for their contact details.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Best regards,

-Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 20 (1,848 Views)

This is to cs rep "Mark".  My model  = XBR-43X800D also cannot be registered.   the link provided takes me to the repair page (https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl).   Should I call one of the repair numbers?          

Rookie
Message 10 of 20 (1,819 Views)

Mark, thanks for your post. I spent quite a bit of time today trying on the Sony site to register a camera and 2 lenses (plus start an online account). No matter how many times i tried, I couldn't get it to accept my (correct) model number. A drop-down menu for models only had much older gear than mine. I found the Sony page with your post on it.

LInking from the URL you gave, I found Sony support chat online. But the guy there, Carlos, wasn't able to help me. He gave me two phone numbers. The 800 number only said to call another number instead. I finally got through to a Sony support rep, Jay.

He explained to me that, yes, Sony knows the site for registering doesn't work and mentioned something about working on better security against hackers. He said the *only* way to register was by calling on the phone. The numbers he gave were 800-222-7669 (the one which only said to call another number) and 239-768-7602. I dictated to him the info for 3 Sony Alpha photo products. He said I wouldn't be able to access my account online, but only on the phone with them via a reference number, which he gave me.

It might be nice if Sony took down the registration page since it only seems to be causing people to waste their time.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook