Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 430 (12,421 Views)
Accepted Solution

Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Prepare-- Announcements, updates, comments..

[ Edited ]

Hi all.

I decided to create a dedicated thread for the Catalyst series. Feel free to share your feedback and feature requests.

Even though we all know a bit about the new applications, below is a brief introduction that will cover some of the feature questions.

Prepare is still a month or so off but Browse can be downloaded now at www.sonycreativesoftware.com/catalystbrowse .

As some of you may have seen we are announcing the release of some new applications for our file based cameras. These applications will eventually replace the existing Content Browser, Raw Viewer and SR Viewer applications.

The applications are Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Prepare.

Catalyst Browse is free, available now and and offers the following:

-Browsing/viewing (with support for zooming, anamorphic, full screen, audio meters and channel routing)
-Copy/delete
-Transcode to XAVC, H.264, Pro Res (Mac Only), DPX, Open EXR
-Storyboard creation for XDCAM, XAVC, RAW
-Color correction in Rec 709 or S-Log; Video scopes; multiple view patterns (split, side by side, before/after); LUT management/export
-SDI out to external monitors, selectable HD/2k/QFHD/4k
-Direct upload to Sony CI

Catalyst Prepare
will be 199.95 or free for anyone who purchased a Content Browser license (standard, advanced pack or NXCAM activation). This is the current plan and is subject to change. Prepare will add the following:

[Edit: this has changed. Sony Creative Software will be sending vouchers for 50% off the purchase price of Prepare to all users who purchased CB licenses.]

-MD5 checksumming and additional verification modes
-copy to multiple destinations simultaneously (v 1.1)
-EDL/XML and rendered storyboard export (h.264)
-open format support for GoPro, Canon and other cameras (full list TBD)
-Conversion to DnX and rewrapped QT (1.1)
-TC burn and Clip List export to document file

Browse, Prepare and Content Browser can co-exist on the same system. If there are features not in the current versions you can continue to use Content Browser, at least until OS updates or other system changes render it unusable. 2.3 is the last planned release for Content Browser.

Additional features are under discussion. Prepare is still a month away from release but Browse is available now at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/catalystbrowse . More info on the Catalyst series can be found at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/catalyst.

We are extremely happy with these new applications. Please discuss, share feedback and otherwise let us know how you like the UI and overall workflow.

Pricing, features and release schedule are subject to change.

Expert
Message 2 of 430 (12,070 Views)

Re: Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Prepare-- Announcements, updates, comments..

No luck here Smiley Happy

Installed flawless on Windows 7 but as soon as I click on a RAW clip the application crashes.

I found that there is an option with and without GPU, but that makes no difference. Crashing all the time.

But what I can see so far is, that you cannot see a whole filestructure. For example when I select the AXSM Folder is can see no clips. Only the subfolders. I have to go down to the last folder that contains the mxf file Smiley Happy

That's completely impracticable. How should I "browse" a AXSM Folder when I cannot just click through the clips like it is in content browser or RAW viewer ?

I may be doing something wrong, but then this function is very well hidden.

So no crashes anyone else ?

__Peter__

Expert
Message 3 of 430 (12,083 Views)

I haven't tested the program yet, but on first impressions.... I just want to say thank you Sony! Giving this to us for free is great. It's exactly what I've been saying should happen for ages, and am happy to see it.
Expert
Message 4 of 430 (12,063 Views)

[ Edited ]

i've read somewere that you can't see raw on windows with latest Nvidia drivers.

337.88-desktop-win8-win7 is the one you should have if I remember correctly

Expert
Message 5 of 430 (12,054 Views)

Ian,

Someone mentioned that the two software pieces might not support the XAVC S coming from the A7s or the FS7.

Is this so? I hope it will support it.

It introduces people using other gear to the other possibilities of Sony's format without having to create another piece of support for the XAVC S format. Again, just something i heard... Good time to squash a rumor Smiley Happy

Gilly

Message 6 of 430 (12,064 Views)

Yes, I will see if we can move the format recognition up one directory level, at least for physical media. Actually I think there is less clicking involved than there is in Raw Viewer when going from Volume-->Clip level. The thinking here is based on XDCAM where in addition to the main clip archive you may have additional smaller archives stored in the User Data area. This doesn't really apply to AXSM cards since they cannot contain anything other than the file structure laid down when you format.

Expert
Message 7 of 430 (12,039 Views)

Expert
Message 8 of 430 (11,997 Views)

Great! Very forward thinking !

Thanks for the linkage.

Gilly

Expert
Message 9 of 430 (11,983 Views)

[ Edited ]

DidierLenglaert wrote:

i've read somewere that you can't see raw on windows with latest Nvidia drivers.

337.88-desktop-win8-win7 is the one you should have if I remember correctly

Really ? You say you dont know where you've read that. But was it from a sony resource regarding this program ? All other applications like premiere, resolve or Sony Raw viewer show the files without any problem.

__peter__

Expert
Message 10 of 430 (11,915 Views)

This is in the release notes:

RAW files do not preview correctly when using the NVIDIA GeForce 340.52 drivers for Windows, which are recommended by Windows Update. Please use driver version 337.88 or earlier or select a different device from the Video processing device drop-down list.

http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/releasenotes/Catalyst_Browse_readme.htm

I still have no idea why i can't install it.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook