Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (450 Views)

Catalyst Browse won't copy files to Network Storage

Hey All,

I'm running the latest Catalyst Browse on Win 10 Pro.  We have a NAS for our video footage. 

Browse won't copy footage from a local computer to the networked drives.  It will see the drives, play video from the drives, but when you try to copy footage to them it will tell you it's not a writeable path.  I'm running Browse as an adminstrator too.

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)

Re: Catalyst Browse won't copy files to Network Storage

[ Edited ]

Hi critfocus,

Thank you for the message.

It doesn't appear I am able to reproduce this issue on my end. Is it possible that the NAS drive lacks sufficient write permissions for copy to the folder you are trying to copy to?

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (430 Views)

I have no problem copying files with file explorer and other explorer apps on the same machine; so I think the issue must have something to do with the Browse application?

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi critfocus,

That is strange that you would have variying success. 

A couple other questions.  How are you mounting the drive in Windows?  Does the network root appear in the devices list in Browse?

Assuming you have the NAS's IP address and login credentials, can you attempt to copy using the FTP tool in Browse?  See attached screenshots.

AddRemoteServer.jpg

FTP.jpg

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook