Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (644 Views)

Catalyst Prepare - Transcode MP4 to XDCAM

Greetings,

I have Cataylyst Prepare version 2017.3. I want to override the timecode from the files current code to zeroes in the new file. Thus in the new file it will start with 00:00:00;00 instead of 17:05:24;00. When transcoding from mp4 to xdcam from my camera card to a local drive the override works, but why I transcode from a local drive to a local drive it does not reset the values to zero. It use a relative position value like 00:01:20;00.

Any help would be appreciated.

kane2017

Message 2 of 7 (631 Views)

Re: Catalyst Prepare - Transcode MP4 to XDCAM

kane2017,

Welcome to the forums!  I am very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with Catalyst Prepare.

I have tried to reproduce this issue on my end but am not able to do so.  The override works each time.

Just so I am clear, are you selecting the 'Override start timecode' checkbox at the bottom of the transcode tab and setting it to 00:00:00:00?

If that is what you are doing and it is still not working, can you tell me the exact steps you are taking to repro, and also the format you are attempting to transcode to/from?  With that information, I can better help identify the issue.

Thank you,

Omar

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (609 Views)

Thanks for the quick response OmarN. I tried and receive the same output. My steps are below.

In the Organize Tab - Select file MyMovie_001.mp4 (Kane_20171130_9858.mp4)
MyMovie_001.mp4 display the following in on the Logging screen
In: 18:46:32;06
Out: 18:52:48;16
Length: 00:06:06;12

Mark In at 18:45:44:06
Mark Out at 18:46:59;06
Length should read 00:00:15;00

Export clip to: same directory as source clip

Rename file
Numbering: Clip name
Suffix: _Code

Transcode Settings
XDCAM
Render preset: Best Match
Use Mark in/out points: Checked
Add padding to clips: 5 seconds
Overrride start timecode: from 18:45:32;06 to 00:00:00;00

Export Clip

File: MyMovie_001_Code.XMF

Logging now reads
In: 00:00:07;00 (not 00:00:00;00)
Out: 00:00:31;29 (not 00:00:24;29)
Length: 24;29 (correct)

I have a few other issues as well regarding, renaming files during initial acquistion, import folder creation, updating metadata, tagging, searching/sorting clip status, etc. I will log them separately later.

Thanks for your assistance.

kane2017

Message 4 of 7 (524 Views)

kane2017,

Thank you so much for providing the repro steps, this has helped us a lot. 

I believe we have identified the issue.  Just for testing purposes, do you mind performing the same export to a new destination that you have not exported to before, and see if the start timecode is successfully overridden that way?  This will help us confirm.

Thank you!

Omar

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (508 Views)

Greetings Omar,

Unfortunately, Catalyst has the same result. Also, when I transcode a clip and then attempt transcode the same clip to (same settings also) the same destination I am prompt to keep or overwrite then clip. If I choose overwrite I get an error stating that the process did not complete. When I try to delete to destination clip, Windows will not let me. The only way I get around the issue is to shutdown Catalyst and then the clip is deleted by Windows/Catalyst.

Regards,

Kane

Message 6 of 7 (456 Views)

Hi kane2017,

Thank you for letting us know. I have logged this issue and our engineers are taking a look at it.

Meanwhile, I believe if you are OK with rolling back to Prepare 2017.2.1, you should be able to get around this issue.

Let me know if that will work for you at the moment.

Thank you!
Omar
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (417 Views)

Greetings Omar,

Since I am creating a trimmed copy of the orignal (mp4) and then creating a mxf from the trimmed copy, I can still use the current version. When creating the trimmed mp4 Prepare automatically resets the timecode to zero, thus the mxf has the reset timecode. I then save space by deleting the original mp4 file.

By the way, the copy process in Prepare has the option to use the in/out marks similar to the transcode process. However, it does not have the option to add padding like the transcode process.

Thanks for assistance. I will consider this post answered.

Regards,

Kane

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook