Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 4 (803 Views)

Catalyst Prepare "Failed to copy files. Destination contains video files."

I'm having a problem with Catalyst Prepare (2015.1.2.178).

I've created a Storyboard, and I'm trying to copy the files to another folder (I've created a brand new folder, selected "copy only between in/out points", "copy all related files", and "copy with verification".

Whenever I try to copy the files an error comes up: "Failed to copy files. Destination contains video files. Please specify another folder or create a subfolder."

I try that, and the error comes up again. The only way to copy withou the area is to copy each clip in the story board one by one which not only takes forever but negated the purpose of the storyboard.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4 (748 Views)

Re: Catalyst Prepare "Failed to copy files. Destination contains video files."

Hi videosoul,

This error is supposed to prevent copying files from a known-directory structure (example: AVCHD) to a folder that contains other video clips/folders, due to issues with the extra files (xml, etc.) associated with those directories.

Have you tried copying to an empty folder?

Thank you,
Omar
Expert
Message 3 of 4 (746 Views)

Hi Omar,

Sorry i thought I explained that clearly: I've tried multiple times, always with a brand new empty folder (and I've tried creating that folder both in the Finder, and in Catalyst).

Furthermore, when I eventually managed to make the copies (usually clip by clip) it didn't include the XAVC folder structure, only the .mxf clips.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Videosoul,

Thank you for the clarification.

Just for test purposes, instead of selecting "Copy all related media", can you try selecting "Copy clips only" and see if that works?  I am curious if that would make a difference.  I am guessing that will work since you indicated copying each clip individually was successful.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook