Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (610 Views)

Catalyst - Summary Data, Bins, Rippling

Greetings,

I'm not sure how to post the issues and suggestions below.

Calayst Prepare

Issues:
Logging - Not updating logging data immediately for XMF clips. When the clip is unselected and then reselected the updated data does not appear. Currently, I only see the updated data when I restart Catalyst Prepare
Bins - When renaming a bin Catalyst Prepare does not update the alphabetical order, you must restart Catalyst Prepare.

Suggestions:
Transcode/Copy - Allows saving of all transcode/copy settings.
Search - Allows search by clip status
Transcode/Copy - Automatically mark in/out point in destination file of transcode/copy when padding is used
Transcode/Copy - Organize/Summary - Allow the entry of the same Mark In/Out point for multiple clips
Timecode/Length - Allows adding/substract time code values
Search - Allow search of multiple, individual keywords
Copy - Add padding timecode to copy process
Organize - Display full filename in somewhere in the view when clip is selected.
Organize - Allow sub-bins to relate clips
Organize - Preview - Add clip length
Organize - Indicator other bins a clip is in when viewing a clip in a bin
Organize - Indicator if a clip is already in a bin before adding it to a bin when working within a bin
Organize - Bins - Allow sort by alphabetic order or selective position order (drag and drop)
Edit - Select default bin when creating subclip
Organize - Searchable tags for any type of clip.

Calayst Edit

Issues:
When a project is loaded and then a clip on the timeline is selected and the delete key is pressed nothing happens. When I change the tool from Edit to Select (or any other tool), then I can use the delete key to remove the clip.
The Ripple option does not work sporadically. Sometimes when I remove a clip from the tracking with multiple clips the ripple does not happen. However, if I expand or contract the clip the other clips ripple accordingly.

Suggestions:
Keyframing - Snap cursor to clip fade points (Currently fade snaps to cursor)
Keyframing - Snap keyframe to cursor and/or allow entry of keyframe timeline position
Timeline - Allow snap to ruler marks

Message 2 of 6 (476 Views)

Re: Catalyst - Summary Data, Bins, Rippling

Kane2017,

Thank you SO much for your feedback!  It is input from users like you that helps make our products even better, and we really appreciate hearing from you.

Some of these items we were already aware of, but others I have logged into our system for potential future updates.  I think the list of suggestions you provided is fantastic, and I will encourage our team to incorporate them as we move forward.

I had a couple questions for some of the items:

1). Search - Allows search by clip status.

This is actually possible with the current release.  Just type the status into the search bar and the returned query will list all clips with that status in the library.  For example, run a search for 'KEEP' , and all clips with status KEEP will be returned.  Does that work for you, or were you hoping for something else?

2). Timecode/Length - Allow adding/substracting time code values.

This is also possible.  Just click the time code counter and enter in a positive or negative number to jump forward or backward that many frames, I.E. +00:00:10:00.

3). Organize - Display full filename in somewhere in the view when clip is selected.

Can you clarify this one?  Full filenames are always displayed, so I am not sure I understand.

Thank you,
Omar
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (439 Views)

Thanks for the kind words Omar.

My responses and suggestions are below:

1) The search does not work for me. I have several clips with a status of KEEP, but when I enter KEEP in the search nothing is returned.

2) I tried 00:00:35;15 -00:00:05;00, results in 00:00:35;15 (no change). I was thinking if the timecode is 00:00:35;15 and I entered -5.15 (00:00:35;15-5.15 or 00:00:35;15-5;15) the results would be 00:00:30;00.

3) My mistake. I see the full filename. Not sure how I missed it.

I have a few more suggestions, but I will logged them in another ticket.

Thanks for you assistance.

Kane

Message 4 of 6 (412 Views)

Thanks for the info Kane2017.  A couple of responses below.

1. Are you running a search for MXF files that are part of an image structure, or for loose MXF files instead?  If running a search for loose MXF files, there is a known issue that search results for the status field will not be returned.  We hope to have this fixed asap.

2. Hmm, still not able to repro this.  Can you check the attached screen video and see if I am doing something different than what you are?

https://workspace.cimediacloud.com/r/XJBbHG

Thank you,

Omar

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (356 Views)

Thanks Omar.

1) I was  searching MXF (standalone video) files.

2) I see that works, but I was trying the same thing on other fields that are on the Clip Editing panel (e.g. Start, Length, etc.)

Regards,

Kane

Message 6 of 6 (331 Views)

Thanks for the replay kane2017.  I sent a request to our development team to add the ability to add and subtract timecode values from the in and out point headers.

Thank you!

Omar

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook