Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (601 Views)

Please help urgently - Unable to Merge relay clips

Have just downloaded Catalyst Browser because it claimed to be able to merge relay clips. However I have now tried to merge several groups of clips only to receive the same error mesage each time, as follows: Unable to merge selected relay clips. The clips use different media formats or the timecode of the clips is not sequential. Both of these statements are garbage in all cases. Each attempt to merge only involves clips recorded on the same camera and in the same format. Some were MP4 files recorded on an XDCAM, while others are MXF files recorded on an XF300. In all cases the timecode is sequential with the same timecode point listed as the last one on the first clip and the first one on the second clip and so on. If I had any hair left I'd be tearing it out at the stupidity of the error messages.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? None of the clips I'm trying to merge span different S+S cards

Message 2 of 3 (566 Views)

Re: Please help urgently - Unable to Merge relay clips

Hi EvilBrian,

Thank you for your message!

The merging of relay clips in Catalyst Browse is only available for .mts clips in the AVCHD format.  For more information on relay clips, feel free to check out the Catalyst Browse help documentation.

I agree that the error message you received was misleading, and have let the appropriate party know this so that we can change this for the future.

Thank you!

Omar

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (323 Views)

Re: Please help urgently - Unable to Merge relay clips

I think changing the error message isn't the real fix - why not fix it so that all of our Sony media clips that span cards can be merged? (Including FS-7)

Doesn't everyone who uses your cameras want this?

Thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook