Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (1,428 Views)

Weird uneven levels / gating problem on UWP-D11

I'm having an issue with my UWP-D11 system (UHF14/25), and I wanted to see if anyone else has run across this, or can give some advice.

Twice now, the audio through the system has been totally uneven. It'll seem super quiet no matter what I do, and then jump up in volume randomly. It almost sounds like an agressive expander or gate effect. I can't replicate it at home, which leads me to think it might be interference related, but when it happens, switching frequencies or running clearscan again doesn't seem to help. 

I'm using autoset and clearscan to find open frequency and pair the units before any recording as well, (and I'm using the Sony Rx and Tx, with the default Sony lav). The Tx and Rx are in UWP-D modes, attenuation on the Tx was 0. 

Here's an example. The person speaking isn't moving their head, they are looking in the same direction, and were speaking at a fairly level volume. 

Has anyone seen this proble, or have any experience fixing it?

Message 2 of 10 (1,402 Views)

Re: Weird uneven levels / gating problem on UWP-D11

Hi Cschodt,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

I will send you a Private Message(PM).

Thanks,

>Joffrey

Rookie
Message 3 of 10 (737 Views)

I run into the same issue and really looing for a way to fix the issue , please help ! 

Rookie
Message 4 of 10 (735 Views)

Hi Joffrey, i have the same issue, could you please help me on that as well ?!
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (733 Views)

I tried updating the firmware on the Tx and Rx, but months later I'm still having the same problem about 50% of the time when  recording inside. Is there any movement on this issue? The UWP's are currently useless to me, because I can't rely on them.

Rookie
Message 6 of 10 (601 Views)

Are you using the microphones neer lighting proximity sensors?

We have had this issue with our UTXB03 microphones and Leviton proximity sensors that are used to detect if someone is in the room.  For us, and your issue may be different, but when the microphone is pointed to the proximity sensor the DSP of the wireless mic kicks in and thinks someone is yelling into the mic and it brings the level down and then it ramps back up and then back down causing uneven levels.  We raised the problem to Sony last year and again last May.  We have not had any resolution on the issue.  I'm hoping others are having the same issue and we'll finally have a fix.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (421 Views)

Same problem here with Crestron occupancy sensors. Testing shows these cause the exact issue, no fix besides disabling the Crestrons, which is impossible (many in our studios). Senheiser's do not have the issue here. 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10 (102 Views)

more info: we disabled the Ultrasound portion of our Crestron sensors (they have two modes that normally are in use), that stopped the interference.

And the issue showed on the UTXb03 model, but not the UTXb02.

Rookie
Message 9 of 10 (94 Views)

Thanks, unfortunately turning off the ultrasonic sensor is not an option for us as the sensors are college wide. Do you know if the UTX-B2 works with the URX-P03 receiver?

I wish sony would chime in as the micropones we have are currently unuseable. 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (87 Views)

I understand.. getting Crestron to adapt was possible here, but on location, no.

When I called Sony, they were aware of the issue, but had no fix.

I think you can mix and match the b02 and b03 IF they are using the same freq ranges, and IF you change the compander setting on the b03 to UWP (if I remember correctly) to match the b02 setting. But test that...Smiley Happy

We have several b02 trans/rec and they were ok before disabling the Ultrasound.. the b03 no.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook