Welcome to the Community!

Reader - Electronic Reader

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5 (965 Views)

DPT RP1 Digital Paper App fails to connect wifi on win10-64bit

On my digital paper, it shows wifi is connected, but the digital paper can't connect digital paper app via wifi. Plug-in and Bluetooth work both fine. I use 64-bit Win 10. I found that I could use connect digital paper app via wifi on my girlfriend's Macbook. Is win 10 64-bit version of digital paper app buggy? Anyone could solve the problem?

Any answer will be apprietiated.  

Apprentice
Message 2 of 5 (773 Views)

Re: DPT RP1 Digital Paper App fails to connect wifi on win10-64bit

Seems nobody can address my problems...Disappointed

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (741 Views)

I have the same issue with Windows 7 64 bit. Screenshot of my settings screen: https://imgur.com/a/2cNQl

The App is able to detect when Wi-Fi is enabled on the device, but I cant add Wi-Fi networks since its greyed out. Using USB/Bluetooth for now.

I feel as if they've released a Beta version of the device to the market.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5 (730 Views)

Maybe try using it in a virtual machine?
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5 (169 Views)

Have you tried to setup the WiFi connection through Windows machine? The following may work:
1. Use the Macbook to delete such WiFi from the DPT device;
2. Connect, through USB cable, the DPT to your Windows machine;
3. Make sure that you are within the range of the WiFi that you have in mind, and establish the connection.

Make sure that the WiFi that you are using is "personal/home WiFi", which takes a password to connect to. And, more importantly, make sure that your laptop is connected to the same WiFi network.

Sony's tech people said it may even work in a "Public WiFi", but not necessarily in an Enterprise WiFi (needs both username + password). If I were you, I would not expose any of my wireless device to a "Public WiFi", which does not take a password to connect.

If you have trouble getting access to a password-only WiFi, you shall create one yourself. Here goes a screenshot from my desktop:
https://www.jianguoyun.com/p/DeWZr38QoPimBhi5oTk

Good luck debugging! It is all on us now! Ever since you have paid the money to Sony Smiley Happy

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook