Reader - Electronic Reader

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sony Employee
Sony Employee
Message 11 of 27 (1,575 Views)

Re: DPT RP1 does not pair on a Windows 7 PC

Thanks again for the excellent details!  Our design group is investigating this issue. I'll let you know as soon as I get an update...

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 27 (1,575 Views)

I faced exactly the same problem on my office PC running windows 7
Sony Employee
Sony Employee
Message 13 of 27 (1,545 Views)

Have you tried to connect/authenticate to a computer NOT configured with enterprise OS & firewall settings?

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 27 (1,539 Views)

HI bck

In answer to your question:

My main PC is running Windows 7 Professional as stated (not Windows 7 Enterprise). It has a firewall I can turn off.

I have tried pairing the DPT-RP1 with another Win 7 Professional PC with no firewall. Same result - pairing halts before certificate is installed on the PC. .

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 27 (1,530 Views)

Bck

Can you confirm with the design group that they can successfully pair the DPT-RP1 with a Windows 7 Pro PC via USB when the PC has no wi-fi capability?  

According to the Getting Started documentation and the online Help Guide for the DPT-RP1 pairing should work without wi-fi at all. All the PCs I can try are Windows 7 Pro machines connecting to a router via Ethernet rather than wi-fi. None of my PCs have a wi-fi enabled network card. This may be a long shot but I guess there must be some common factor with the Windows 7 machines that cannot be paired.

(I have asked other affected users to confirm to this thread whether the PCs they are pairing are wi-fi enabled)

Highlighted
Sony Employee
Sony Employee
Message 16 of 27 (1,523 Views)

Wi-Fi capability is definitely not needed. One of the desktop PCs I'm using with DPT-RP1 does not have a Wi-Fi card and it's working fine.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 27 (1,521 Views)

OK - thanks for the prompt reply. The problem must lie elsewhere then.....

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 27 (1,519 Views)

My case is that my office desktop computer has win 7 prof installed. It is connected to ethernet. The computer does not have wifi network card and capabilities. I connect my RP1 to this computer with USB cable.
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 27 (1,509 Views)

Good news. I finally get it solved.

Please turn off all anti-virus software, such as Kaperskey, Webroot SecureAnywhere and all unnecessary programs in your righthand corner tray. To play safe, try to turn off all other programs in your tray as well.

At least now I get it done.

Image 1.png

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 27 (1,491 Views)

lskao wrote:

Good news. I finally get it solved.

Please turn off all anti-virus software, such as Kaperskey, Webroot SecureAnywhere and all unnecessary programs in your righthand corner tray. To play safe, try to turn off all other programs in your tray as well.

At least now I get it done.

THANKS Iskao  - progress!!!!

I did as you suggested and managed to get the device to pair having closed all other running applications. I am not sure which application was preventing pairing by being open but will report back if I manage to isolate it.

Thanks again

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook