Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (1,527 Views)
Accepted Solution

DPT-S1 Battery not charging

I've had my DPT-S1 for a bit over a year (Since July 2015) and have been extremely happy with it. However, since yesterday it seems to have stopped charging. When I plug it into the wall, the red charging light does not come on, the battery remains at critical and the device is not usable. I have tried various cables and adaptors and the result is the same.

Has anyone had problems with the battery becoming unusable in this system, or had any similar charging issues? This seems to have come on very suddenly.

Thanks!

- John

Message 2 of 3 (1,501 Views)

Re: DPT-S1 Battery not charging

Hi Funkbadger

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Have you tried charging it on a computer? Test if it will charge on a computer. If still unresolved, you may reset the unit by pressing the RESET button with a small pin or clip. 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (1,474 Views)

Re: DPT-S1 Battery not charging

Hi Vincent,

That was great, thanks very much. Indeed, charging from a computer worked, and then switching back to charging from the usual USB power adapter now works, so it seems to have remembered how to charge itself. 

Best wisehs,
John

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook