Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (284 Views)

Need ability to organize files on DPT-RP1

I purchased the DPT-RP1 this week. 

The hardware is practically perfect.

A true win for anyone who needs to read PDF at full size.

For the Software,

An important aspect of reading a lot of files is the need to name and organize files. Naming function works great. 

Files can be organized with access to directories and capability to move files. Or, keyword tag support and category sorting (just like this web community!)

Highlighted
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: Need ability to organize files on DPT-RP1

Hi, Xtiansimon

Thank you for your input. 

You seem to like most of the features and functions of Sony DPT-RP1 and we are glad to hear this. You can actually use the Digital Paper App to organize your files. This app allows you to create new folders on the Digital Paper, as well as rename, move, copy, and delete the existing folders/documents: http://helpguide.sony.net/dpt/rp1/v1/en/contents/TP0001178310.htmlWe are not quite sure yet what changes will be made or features will be added in case Sony will release a software update for DPT-RP1. eSupport website will be updated for any updates of the said unit. 

Best regards, 

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (180 Views)

Re: Need ability to organize files on DPT-RP1

Digital Paper App is on the desktop.

Just yesterday I was reloading my device after having scanned over 60 papers. They were organized in my To_Read folder. In there I know there are about five papers I had decided to read again. I wanted to remove the 55 papers I wasn't interested to reread, but which ones?

Unfortunately I must open each one again to determine that. If I was able to organize these at time of reading with directory management or tag/categories I would not need to repeat my work. A perfect example of inefficiency.

Sorry Vincent, more work is needed to meet my minimum software expectations .

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook