Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Reader - Electronic Reader

Tuning Up
lianecoates
Accepted Solution

Prs-t2 and keep getting the message that the 'application contentservice has stopped unexpectedly

I have a new PRS-T2 and keep getting the application contentservice error message. I do a forceclose and it keeps working but I can't figure out how to fix the problem and get rid of the error message

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
KishanM5

Re: Prs-t2 and keep getting the message that the 'application contentservice has stopped unexpectedl

Hello Lianecoates,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new reader. Please attempt a "Soft" reset by using a thin object such as a paper clip to push the reset button , usually located on the back or bottom of the unit . If the issue persists please attempt a hard reset by following the steps indicated here. PRS-T2 Hard Reset

*There is a risk of data loss. After doing a hard reset, you will need to restore your content. Your purchased books can be restored from your account at the Reader store.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Lorca8

Re: Prs-t2 and keep getting the message that the 'application contentservice has stopped unexpectedl

I get the same message on my Sony PRS T2 when I start it up after charging the battery or transferring books from my Sony desktop library. I've always selected Force Close and continued.  I haven't tried a soft Reset because otherwise the Reader is working fine. What exactly is the problem here? And should I be trying to find a solution?

Please use plain text.