Welcome to the Community!

Reader - Electronic Reader

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (2,599 Views)

Table of contents support on the DPT-RP1

I recently purchased a DPT-RP1, the new version of the Digital Paper.  I noticed this device doesn't seem to support navigation by embedded table of contents.  This makes it impossible to navigate a file more than say 30 or 40 pages long.  Is this a bug?  Will this be fixed soon?  I will be returning my device if this isn't changed.

Highlighted
Sony Employee
Sony Employee
Message 2 of 8 (2,457 Views)

Re: Table of contents support on the DPT-RP1

Sorry for your trouble!  Yes, we're aware of this issue and planning to add Table Of Contents as well as Go To Page functionality in a firmware upgrade.  I'll update this post as soon as it becomes available on Sony eSupport.

Rookie
Message 3 of 8 (2,327 Views)

Having this issue as well.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (2,082 Views)

Good idea - suggest test on a wide range of pdfs

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please can you update Table of Contents and Goto page functions at your earliest convenience.  Thanks in anticipation.

Rookie
Message 6 of 8 (1,165 Views)

Sooner than later.

I don't recall ever having been angrier after purchasing a device, which is almost completely useless for its intended purpose.

Of all the things to leave off of a device designed explicitly to read e-books this has to be among the most ridiculous "oversights" ever.

While we're at it, how about a "Back" button? Follow a link in an e-book, e.g., a footnote reference. Now I'm stuck at that footnote until I either swipe furiously to get back (not fun when it's a few hundred pages), twiddle with the thumbnails (not surprisingly, also unpleasant), or... yeah, there is no "or", because the absolute basics, present on every other e-reader in the world, aren't present on the MOST EXPENSIVE OPTION IN THE MARKET. Even your first offering in the e-ink world, back in 1st-gen Kindle days, had this.

I want to like this device. I want to *love* this device. But my reMarkable or iPad Pro are so far ahead of this in features that's it's not even a contest until the most basic of functionality is implemented. I can't even begin to comrehend what was going through Sony's head pre-launch of a premium-priced device. It's not like even cursory market research would have pointed you in the direction of removing basic, fundamental functionality.

When will this be fixed? If you can't, please put the repo up on GitHub or similar so I can fix it and turn a really ineffective paperweight (it's too light to be a paperweight) into something I can actually *use*.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (843 Views)

Do you have an ETA for the Firmware update? I could really use Bookmarking and Better PDF Navigation Features.

Sony Employee
Sony Employee
Message 8 of 8 (827 Views)

Sorry for the delay...but an ETA has still not yet been set.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook