Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (926 Views)
Accepted Solution

move library between 2 pc

I want to move the library of my Reader for Pc sotware by Sony from one pc to another. How can I do that? if I don´t do that when I synch my PRS-T1 on the 2nd pc all my ebooks get lost.
Contrary to other software it seems that Reader for Pc does not make its own copy in a specific folder of the ebooks I insert in its internal library. So I have to move (or copy) the books from exactly where I placed them in the 1st pc and I also made a backup of the directory of the program under Sony folder under Program. Is there something else to do?

I use Win7.

thanks!
Expert
Message 2 of 5 (927 Views)

Re: move library between 2 pc

Hello
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums.

You may authorize your Reader on up to 6 devices and do not have to move the files from computer to computer, all can be performed from the Store directly.

Please follow these guides to download your previously purchased books.

How do I download my eBooks to other computers?
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... s/r_id/166

How can I download a previously purchased eBook?
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... s/r_id/166
New Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (925 Views)

You may authorize your Reader on up to 6 devices and do not have to move the files from computer to computer, all can be performed from the Store directly.

I am not talking about books that I buy from Sony store, but books that I have from other sources (books free of copyright, of course).
So I would like to know where the info regarding an ebook that I import into the library Reader for Pc is stored in my pc.

thank you
Expert
Message 4 of 5 (925 Views)

once you imported the book into the Library did you delete the file?
The recommended action would be to re-import the titles .

It would be best to collect all your PDF and other format books into a folder, transfer, then point to the folder and import the entire folder once the reader software is reinstalled on the new computer. It is not recommended to copy and paste an internal folder from within the reader software and transfer.
New Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (925 Views)

once you imported the book into the Library did you delete the file?
The recommended action would be to re-import the titles .

It would be best to collect all your PDF and other format books into a folder, transfer,

I expected a much faster way to do that... I made a lot of collections.. in this way you are telling me I have to create them again!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook