Reader - Electronic Reader

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (1,349 Views)

reader app can't recognize device

[ Edited ]

So recently for some reason the Reader App on my Mac has not been able to load the reader. The computer recognises it (I see the ejectable drive for the reader) and the app opens and does everything else, but the reader does not appear.

My problem is that there is no way for me now to add the purchased books on there. Dropping the .acsm in the drive does not work (I'm assuming there is a security process involved).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, resetting the device to factory settings, nothing works. 

HELP! Smiley Happy

Reader Model PRS T2

Mac OS 10.11.3

I've basically tried all but 13. of this post: https://community.sony.com/t5/Reader-Electronic-Reader/The-Reader-Wi-Fi-is-not-recognized-by-the-com...

Rookie
Message 2 of 6 (1,022 Views)

Re: reader app can't recognize device

Good day all,

I have this very issue with both my own and my wife's PRS T2.

I have tried all the ways described in the post below but without any success.

Have not had any of our two reader devices connected since the Mac OS was upgraded to 10.11.4

Reader Model PRS T2

Mac OS 10.11.4

I have tried everthing listed in this post: https://community.sony.com/t5/Reader-Electronic-Reader/The-Reader-Wi-Fi-is-not-recognized-by-the-com...

I need help and constructive suggestions soon as we just arrived on our holiday location and now we have nothing to read as our Readers  remain Disconnected even if the Reader starts up the Reader application on the computer when USB connected.

What is wrong?

Thanks

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (964 Views)

Hello!
I have solved the problem by downloading books to my Mac and then copy and paste to Reader (ejectable drives)/Sony-Reader/media/books.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (602 Views)

It seems to work. Thank you so much, because I was very upset about the connection MAC -Reader issue. Download books directly from eReader using wi-fi it is very difficult and almost impossible.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (438 Views)

Unfortunately this does not seem to work for epub books from the library.  How do you do this?  When I plug an SD card into the computer & click download, the app doesn't see it.   I've also down loaded a library book to my computer & plug in the removable SD card then dragged the book file to it.  This doesn't work either.  Any help out there with this problem?

Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (333 Views)

It seems to work.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook