Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Remote Controls

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (3,285 Views)

RM-VLZ620 keeps shutting off while trying to learn commands.

Hello,

Have been trying to get this to work for a while. I have previously programmed the remote, so I'm not sure what the issue is all of a sudden. Here is what's happening. 

I am trying to teach my remote the controls from my Roku. 

1) I hold SET for 3 seconds. It lights up. I press the middle button on the remote. Set stays lit up when I release all buttons.

2) I press the code to program the remote. 9 - 8 - 8. SET light blinks 3 times. 

3) I press the button corresponding to the device I want to teach the remote. In this case, VCR. 

4) I press VCR and then it stays lit up red. I want to start by teching the remote the Play button. 

5) As soon as I press the Play button on the RM-VLZ620, to get it ready to learn the Roku Play button the Remote Commander SET light flashes about 5 - 6 times very quickly and then exits the learning mode. 

This happens now no matter what device I try and no matter what conponent I try to get the settings saved under. I have tried with fresh batteries and outside in my car to avoid any other signals. That did not help. I tried to look up the code to see what the error is, but am not able to find anyhting. Almost seems like the remote is broken, but am not sure if that is the case or if I am jsut doing somehting wrong. 

Any help is appreciated before I throw this thing out and get a new model. 

Thanks.

Message 2 of 6 (3,239 Views)

Re: RM-VLZ620 keeps shutting off while trying to learn commands.

Hi Skrilla,

Here are compatible devices with this remote.

-TV

-Projector

-Cable set top box

-Satellite receiver

-IPTV

-DVR (digital video recorder)

-PVR (personal video recorder)

-DVD player

-DVD recorder

-Blu-ray Disc player

-HD-DVD player

-VCR

-CD player

-Cassette deck

-DVD Home Theater

-Amplifier

-Receiver

-Audio accessory

Controlling roku is not guaranteed to work.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (3,222 Views)

Thanks for the response, but it is not just the Roku remote it is pretty much any remote I try.

And if you read the post, it says that before I can input any commands on the Roku remote the Sony remote flashes the set button and then turns off. So really the device I'm trying to program is irrelevant because the Sony remote shuts off during programming, that is really the issue that I"m trying to solve.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (1,697 Views)

I am having this exact same problem. I can’t custom program any buttons due to the issue described above.
Message 5 of 6 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Jstotts,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Can you tell us what device we're trying to program with the remote? Also, provide the model number of your Sony remote control so we can check this for you.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (1,538 Views)

I’m happy to report that the problem was solved by using fresh batteries. The remote operated normally with the older batteries, but it wouldn’t complete the programming steps with the half-used batteries. It would be great to have that called out a lot more clearly in the manual. Hope this helps other people who have the same issue!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook