Welcome to the Community!

Remote Controls

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 1 (1,546 Views)

RM-VZ320 with Media Center PC

I'm trying to setup my RM-VZ320 remote to work with my computer to control media playback AND most importantly computer audio volume, but when I set any of the buttons using the Windows Media Center PC code (51272) I can only get it to control all of the media playback functionality, I can't get it to control the computer audio volume.  I also have a Sony Bravia 32" 720p television that I have programmed into the remote as well since I lost the original remote for the TV, and I use that same television as a monitor for my computer because it's larger than my actual computer monitor making it easier for me to read.  When I activate the device button I have the Media Center PC code programmed into and try to adjust the volume of my PC it instead adjusts the volume of the television (which I have hooked up to an external amplifier with sound going into the television over HDMI from my PC, and I have the speaker option in the setup menu on the television set to 'Audio System' which works fine since I can leave my amplifier set to a fixed volume (it's tucked away out of the line of sight and the RM-VZ320 remote doesn't support it anyway, so it's not easy to adjust the volume on the amplifier, which is why I leave it at a fixed volume).  I tried using the code 955 to set the audio volume control to the button I have the Media Center PC code programmed into but it still defaults to trying to adjust the television volume, instead of the PC volume as one would expect.  Hopefully someone can help me with this as it'd be nice to be able to use this remote the way it should function (after all why even have the Media Center PC code in it if it can't actually control a Media Center PC the way it should).

To recap:

1. RM-VZ320 won't control PC volume when configured using Media Center PC code (51272)
  2. RM-VZ320 instead defaults to adjusting voume control of television even when button programmed with Media Center PC code is selected.
  3. Already attempted to force volume control association to the button for the Media Center PC using code 955 to attempt to override default association of using the television volume control functionality.
  4. Not mentioned above, but have tried assigning Media Center PC code to each of the 6 device buttons other than the TV device button.

Thanks,

EdwinBarton

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook