Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Samurai

Community Blogs

About Me
  • My specialties are social media, customer service and video production with a concentration in home audio and TV/video products. Be sure to check out my videos in the screening room! While I have been an employee with Sony for 15 years, I feel as though I have been part of the Sony family since I was little... We always had Sony products. I remember my grandparents purchasing a Sony console TV when I was 5, and I received my first Sony Walkman as a teenager. Growing up on these products and loving them, I never dreamed I would become part of the company vision and it's still difficult to pick one product as my favorite (though VAIO and Walkman rank very high in my book). I absolutely love Sony, as both an employee and a consumer, and I am proud to be a part of this family.

Featured Member

EileenP

Expert EileenP

Hi my name is Eileen and I’ve been working for Sony Electronics since 2006. I started working at Sony Mobile (formerly Sony Ericsson) back in 1996. It’s been a fast and fun-filled 15 years for me! I’ve worked in and around customer service over the years, and now I’m lucky enough to be part of the Social Media Team. I guess the Sony DNA runs in my blood... Read more about EileenP here.

Recent Idea Replies

I manage social media and video production for the Sony Support team in the U.S. Read my blog to see what's happening in the world of Sony people and products, and to learn a little about some of my favorite things.

Posted by PEG |  Oct 28, 2013

It's Almost Here.....

PS4_09.jpg

Are you ready for the PS4?! We are! So we wanted to give you the lowdown on how you can help make your pick-up go as smoothly as possible. With that being said, here’s the distribution process for the midnight launch and the days after.

PS4 Pick-up process - Nov. 13 and 14, 2013 (PRE-PURCHASERS ONLY)

• If you pre-purchased a PS4, you can pick up your PS4 package on Wednesday, Nov. 13 beginning at 10 a.m. - through Thursday, Nov. 14, ending at 8 p.m. 
  • Guests are required to bring their gift card, PS4 purchase receipt and a photo ID to obtain their “package” at select locations, only.

PS4 Launch day: MIDNIGHT to 2 a.m. on Nov. 15, 2013

It’s finally here!  You've got your pick-up package and you’re ready to get that PS4 in your hands... But here are a few final pieces of information before you head out to the Sony store:

• You cannot start lining up in front of the Sony Store until 10 p.m. Please refer to the store for specific line instructions. Lining up prior to 10 p.m. is not allowed by mall security.
  • If you lose your pick-up package, SONY will not be able to give you your PS4 at the midnight launch; however, it can be picked up beginning at 10 a.m., the following morning.
  • If you forget your ID, SONY will not be able to give you your product at the midnight launch; however, it can be picked up beginning at 10 a.m. the following morning.
  • One final thing: if you step out of line we can’t guarantee your spot when you return.

Process for picking up your PS4 after the midnight launch

• Presale units will be available for pick-up until COB Sunday, Nov. 17. Affter that, they will be released for sale. So make sure you get to the store before then!
  • Unclaimed units after Nov. 17 will be filled based on availability. 

Process for people who did NOT pre-order a PS4 but want to pick one up on Nov. 15

• Guests may begin lining up outside the Sony Store at 10 p.m. Please take direction from the store on specific line instructions.
  • SONY will distribute wristbands on a first come, first served basis.
  • Each guest will be allowed ONE PS4 bundle. 
  • SONY will provide only one PS4 bundle per method of payment. 

PS4 Midnight Launch Q&A

1.    When is the midnight launch event?

(That's the midnight between Thursday and Friday!) Midnight until 2 a.m., Nov.15, 2013

If I pre-ordered my PS4, what do I need to do to pick up my product during the midnight launch event?

You must visit the store where you preordered the PS4 between Nov. 13 and 14 to pickup your "package." Be sure to bring along your purchase receipt, photo ID and have a contact number.  

3.    What happens if I lose my receipt? 

If you lose your receipt, you will not be able to pick up your PS4 during the midnight launch; you will have to come to the store the following day. .

4.    Am I able to pick up my PS4 during the midnight launch event if I didn’t go to the store between Nov. 13 and 14 to pick up my package?

No. PS4s will only be distributed to guests who picked up their package.

If I did not preorder a PS4, can I come to the midnight launch event to purchase one?

Yes. There will be a select number of PS4 bundles available for purchase during the midnight launch event and will be available on a first come, first-served basis.  

6.    Where should I go when I arrive to the store during the midnight launch event?

There will be two lines at the midnight launch event: one line for presales and a separate line for guests purchasing on-site.

What if the midnight launch event is canceled?

Guests may pick up their PS4 systems starting the following day during normal business hours.

Take a look at  the list of participating Sony stores

CALIFORNIA     
Beverly Center 8500 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048 opening at midnight
Camarillo Premium Outlets 910 Camarillo Center Dr., Camarillo, CA 93010 opening at midnight
Century City 10250 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90067 opening at midnight
Culver City Family Center 10202 W Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232 normal store hours
Fashion Valley Mall 7007 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92108  opening at midnight
Gilroy Premium Outlets 681 Leavesley Rd., Gilroy, CA 95020 opening at midnight
Las Americas Premium Outlets 4051 Camino de la Plaza, San Diego, CA 92173 opening at midnight
Stanford Shopping Center 359 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 opening at midnight
Westfield San Francisco Centre 865 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94103 opening at midnight
South Coast Plaza 3333 Bristol St. #22, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 opening at midnight
The Americana at Brand 837 Americana Way, Glendale, CA 91210 opening at midnight
Valley Fair Mall 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95050 opening at midnight
Westfield University Town Center 4545 La Jolla Village Dr., San Diego, CA 92122 opening at midnight

COLORADO    
Cherry Creek Shopping Center 3000 East First Ave., Denver, CO 80206 opening at midnight
Gallery at Park Meadows Mall 8401 Park Meadows Ctr. Dr., Lone Tree, CO 80124 normal store hours

DELAWARE    
Rehoboth Tanger Outlets 34986 Midway Outlet Dr., Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 opening at midnight

FLORIDA     
Aventura Mall 19501 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, FL 33180 opening at midnight
Dolphin Mall 11401 NW 12th St., Miami, FL 33172 opening at midnight
The Mall at Millenia 4200 Convoy Rd. #284, Orlando, FL 32839 opening at 7 a.m.
Town Center at Boca Raton 6000 West Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431 opening at midnight

ILLINOIS    
Chicago Premium Outlets 1650 Premium Outlet Blvd., Aurora, IL 60502 opening at midnight

MASSACHUSETTS    
Wrentham Village Premium Outlets 400 Premium Outlets Blvd., Wrentham, MA 02093 opening at 6 a.m.

NEVADA    
The Forum Shops at Caesars 3500 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109  opening at 7 a.m.

NEW JERSEY    
Jersey Shore Premium Outlets 1 Premium Blvd., Tinton Falls, NJ 07753 opening at midnight
Menlo Park Mall 100 Menlo Park, Edison, NJ 08837 opening at midnight

NEW YORK    
Sony Plaza New York 550 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10022 opening at midnight
Riverhead Tanger Outlets 1511 Tanger Mall Dr., Riverhead, NY 11901 opening at midnight
Roosevelt Field Mall 630 Old Country Rd., Garden City, NY 11530 opening at midnight
Walt Whitman Shops 160 Walt Whitman Rd. #1049, Huntington Station, NY opening at midnight
Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets 147 Marigold Ct., Central Valley, NY 10917 opening at midnight

PENSILVANIA    
The Market at Comcast Center 1701 John F Kennedy Blvd., Philidelphia, PA 19103  normal store hours

TEXAS    
Galleria Dallas 13350 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75240 opening at midnight
Houston Galleria 5015 Westeimer Rd., Houston, TX 77056 opening at midnight
San Marcos Prime Outlets 3939 iH-35 South #900, San Marcos, TX, 78666 opening at midnight

VIRGINIA     
The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City 1100 S. Hayes St., Arlington, VA 22202 opening at midnight
Tyson's Corner Center 7864 Tyson's Corner Center, McLean, VA 22102 opening at midnight

WASHINGTON    
University Village 4633 27th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105 opening at midnight

WINSCOSIN    
Pleasant Prairie Prime Outlets 11601 108th St., Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 normal store hours