Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 25 (20,773 Views)
Accepted Solution

Amazon Instant Video

I have a Bravia KDL-50W800B with the built in internet.  I've had it for several months.  I have an issue now accessing Amazon Instant Videos.   Since yesterday all I get is a blank screen when I access that application.  I've had no issues accessing Amazon up until  yesterday.  The apps like Netflix, Youtube, Hula all work fine.  My Amazon account is up to date.  So, I'm puzzled.  Any ideas?

Apprentice
Message 2 of 25 (20,756 Views)

Re: Amazon Instant Video

I've just received a new Sony W850B TV today. I haven't even put it up on the stand yet but I noticed the amazon app isn't working either.

The TV received a software update soon after I turned it on for the first time. Netflix and youtube apps are working fine, but the Amazon instant video app just gives me a blank screen. I've contacted tech support via email, but appreciate if someone can help me out sooner. This is not what I want to experience for a brand new TV.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 25 (20,754 Views)

Replying to my own post, I am located in California.

Rookie
Message 4 of 25 (20,710 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  Have tried just about everything to no avail.  Sony says to register device on the Sony Essentials site...  Trying to do that but cannot find tv registration code...  does anyone know how to find that on newer Bravia tv?

Apprentice
Message 5 of 25 (20,703 Views)

Hi Everyone!  Same problem here with Amazon Instant Video -- using a KDL-70W850B which has worked perfectly on AIV for months until yesterday, Saturday. 

When I access the Amazon Instant Video app all I get is a hesitation and a blank grey screen that used to be part of AIV opeing screen, then it stalls and refuses to load. I have called SONY and I have called AMAZON and both point the fingers to each other..'not my problem!'

If anyone sees a fix anywhere please post it?  Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 25 (20,693 Views)

Hi everyone,

I am having the same issue on my KDL40W600B - I tried to access my Amazon Prime account Friday evening and was unsucessful, get the same gray screen someone else mentioned and it will never take me into the app. All of the other apps are working fine.  I know there was a software update this past week and wondering if it has something to do with the software update.  Hoping it's fixed soon.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 25 (20,689 Views)

I just tried to live chat with Sony about this issue and they were absoluetly no help.  They told me to contact Amazon. :/

Apprentice
Message 8 of 25 (20,670 Views)

glad to see i am not the only one having issues. on th phone w support now.

btw this is what i get when i start the app:

http://imgur.com/xijKM0w
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 25 (20,655 Views)

I am having the same problem, stuck on grey screen after launching amazon instant app.  Have not contacted SONY yet. Did anyone find a solution?

I would hate to return this tv.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 25 (20,645 Views)

That's the same thing I get. Did you have any luck with sony support via the phone? I know the chat support was useless. Very frustrated. They told me I needed to register with Sony Essentials. I didn't have to register before to access the app. You have to sign up with a registration code. I can't find mine, instructions they give do not correspond with options I have on my tv. I advised the rep this and she said to contact Amazon. Nice.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook