Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 51 of 114 (3,686 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Hi Schusslerdr,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

our apologies for the inconvenience. Make sure that Netflix application is updated. 

Follow the steps below to update the app.

1. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Select the Google Play store app.
  4. On the Google Play store, select My Apps.
  5. From the list of My Apps, search for the Netflix app.
  6. Select the Netflix app.
  7. Select Update.
  8. Reboot your TV after updateing the app.

Hope this would help.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 114 (3,673 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

EricC - your suggestion to update the Netflix app via the Google Play app is not an option. I do not have an Android tv.

Back when the TV was new Netflix verified the version of Netflix that was installed and said it was an older version that needed to be updated. I called Sony support and they advised me that it is not possible to update the Netflix app (or any of the other apps either).

If you know of another way to update the app, please let let me know.

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 114 (3,654 Views)

There is no hope that Sony will ever fix their defective design and inferior products and services!  I have been attempting to get this Netflix issue resolved for 2 years, but to no avail.  Give up.  

Highlighted
Message 54 of 114 (3,567 Views)

Hi, Sony Community! 

Welcome and thank you for your messages! 

Make sure the TV runs the latest software version. Updating the TV to the latest software allows you to access the newest features and fixes specific problems: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40952/

To further isolate this Netflix issue, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps here: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55501/

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 55 of 114 (2,400 Views)

For anyone reading this. Before the March update I only had to refresh internet content.

NOW Netflix crashes all the time it's takes 4 - 5 tries to get something to play. It just kicks me out.

Thanks for the update Sony ..... makes it worse.
Enthusiast
Message 56 of 114 (2,392 Views)

Xistanz - It has been happening on my television ever since the 1st update. Sony has not been helpful at all. Power resets, Factory resets, wired connection (I average 23-26 Mbps on the TV - per fast.com) - none of it fixed the issue. The Netflix version on the TV is very old (per Netflix support) and there is no way to update it (per Sony support).

That is why my newest TV is an LG. I don't know what I'll purchase when the Sony 55" goes out.

Apprentice
Message 57 of 114 (2,374 Views)

I too need to know more about how to fix this issue. Really frustrating getting kicked off all the time 

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 114 (2,364 Views)

There is no fix to this issue.  Sony has been selling defective products, so avoid Sony like a plague!  Sony Support will make you jump through hoops, but there is no fix for this.  Return the product, if you can.  Otherwise, there's no point in trying to fix this...I have had this junk product for almost 2 years now, and there is absolutely no fix for this garbage!

Apprentice
Message 59 of 114 (2,362 Views)

Heard. Thanks anyway! 

Rookie
Message 60 of 114 (2,079 Views)

I have Sony tv and it crashes after a second. Not here to add info I think it's all been said. However I do want to say ****** YOU SONY and NETFLIX

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook