Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 91 of 109 (1,568 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Hi DevilsAdvocate,

I have the same problem and seems to have got progressively worse over the last few months. How did your fix pan out?

Apprentice
Message 92 of 109 (1,503 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Any updates on this?
Apprentice
Message 93 of 109 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]

(In reply to Elpooperino...)

So far, I haven't been kicked back to TV mode from Netflix.  I'm still not completely convinced, but I'm hopeful it's solved.

I ask anyone who has read my other post and tried my method (signing out of Netflix for every device and resetting all equipment, followed by signing back into Netflix with the TV first) to please post if it worked for them or not.

Rookie
Message 94 of 109 (1,444 Views)

I can't believe they would sell this tv (with a specific Netflix button on the remote) and disregard an obvious issue. I have spoken to customer help and they also refuse to recognize the problem....offering only the "did you try resetting the modem? Did you turn it off and on again?"
I will continue to disuade people from Sony until this issue is resolved.
Enthusiast
Message 95 of 109 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]

DevilsAdvocate wrote: I ask anyone who has read my other post and tried my method (signing out of Netflix for every device and resetting all equipment, followed by signing back into Netflix with the TV first) to please post if it worked for them or not.

Hi DevilsAdvocate! Thanks for trying to help everyone out, that's mighty cool of you. I've been using my Xbox for Netflix for some time now (I don't even bother trying to use the "smart" tv app anymore). I was going to try the things you originally posted but my latest development on the issue is just stupidly laugh worthy...if it wasn't such a "WTF"    :-)

The latest is that when I try to launch the app through the TV (either from the button on the remote or from the TVs list of apps I have installed) I get the prompt saying "Feature not available"). Uninstalling, redownloading the app fresh and reinstalling were no help. I do have the app installed, the latest version Sony Network offers, but I can't even launch the app anymore. I've tried quite a few times.

Oh well, back to the Xbox! BTW, audio and video quality are always better through the Xbox app anyway, Sony Network seems a bit slow when it actually does work.

Apprentice
Message 96 of 109 (1,273 Views)

Interesting thing...

I posted a reply before this, and that post showed up before I left the forum.  I come back, and the post is gone.  It appears somebody didn't like me saying something about Sony.

As far as I'm concerned, if "inappropriate" comments are being removed, while persistent complaints are not being offered any concrete efforts to address the problems, that only proves what I said - there's no genuine interest in supporting older products.

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 109 (1,211 Views)

DevilsAdvocate wrote:

Interesting thing...

I posted a reply before this, and that post showed up before I left the forum.  I come back, and the post is gone.  It appears somebody didn't like me saying something about Sony.

As far as I'm concerned, if "inappropriate" comments are being removed, while persistent complaints are not being offered any concrete efforts to address the problems, that only proves what I said - there's no genuine interest in supporting older products.

You aren't going crazy, I confirm this must have happened. I had recieved an auto-email notification of your reply to the thread but when I checked the thread there was nothing there. Someone definitely deleted it. I hope you see this reply before someone deletes this one!

Thank you Sony, for caring enough to censor your patrons while a the same time ignoring an extremely prevailant issue that is being posted all over the "net", not just to this thread, so there is no way y'all can tell us that you aren't aware and should do something to permanently fix it.

Expert
Message 98 of 109 (1,186 Views)

I hasn't happened to my posts, but in several other threads I have been notified about replies that weren't there initially and had to be reposted - and I am pretty sure that those wouldn't have been deleted on purpose.   I'd guess there is a bug in the forum software rather than someone deliberately removing comments out of a thread - and then leaving them when re-posted.

Apprentice
Message 99 of 109 (1,111 Views)

Well, as it turns out, I still have the problem. Smiley Frustrated

After going in and out of Netflix all week, I'm starting to get kicked back to TV.  I reset things individually, such as router, TV cache, etc.  and still got kicked back.

Then I went in one more time and it's working again.

(Son of a ******!!)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 100 of 109 (1,047 Views)

DevilsAdvocate wrote:

Well, as it turns out, I still have the problem. Smiley Frustrated

After going in and out of Netflix all week, I'm starting to get kicked back to TV.  I reset things individually, such as router, TV cache, etc.  and still got kicked back.

Then I went in one more time and it's working again.

(Son of a ******!!)

Indeed, such is the way mine "works". it will fail for a long time, then work for no apparant reason as I've given up trying to change anything long ago, then stop again at some random point. My app not available prob seems to have dissapeared and now it's working again (tried it out of curiosity after these last few posts). Except for trying it out "just to see" sometimes, these days I just don't even bother with that little red button and go straight to XBox where the Netflix app never fails.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook