Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 101 of 109 (1,491 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

I've come to voice my frustration with this issue too (Bravia 55" 4K). It's gotten so bad I've resorted to running Netflix thru my pc thru the tv, which ****** as it doesn't transmit 4K.

"Top of the line" tv with no support is not top of the line.

LG OLED had an issue with their HDR input lag - and they fixed it within 6months. This issue has been going on for years and nothing. It can't be that complicated to issue a fix. Guess I know where I'm putting my money with the next gen tv.

Sorry, just frustrated.
Enthusiast
Message 102 of 109 (1,425 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

allewel2 wrote:

Sorry, just frustrated.

No apologies necessary, I started this thread due to frustration. I'm glad so many are lending their voices so thank you very much! It's all we've got when it comes to this issue because Sony sure isn't helping.

Rookie
Message 103 of 109 (1,223 Views)

I'm having the exact same problem.  I've had the TV's motherboard replaced.  Changed connections, router, modem, wired/wireless, rebooted, deleted and more.  I've talked to Neflix, Spectrum, Sony.  Nothing works.  Everyone says it not their fault. Any suggestions?

Enthusiast
Message 104 of 109 (1,213 Views)

don't buy another Sony. Frankly someone is gonna start a class action lawsuit and Sony will have to pay for replacements for everyone.
Enthusiast
Message 105 of 109 (543 Views)

Set TV on HDMI1 input before starting Netflix. No idea how or why, but that solved the issue on our tv...

Enthusiast
Message 106 of 109 (518 Views)

poop3r wrote:

Set TV on HDMI1 input before starting Netflix. No idea how or why, but that solved the issue on our tv...

Hi - I'm not sure why you are mentioning the HDMI input. The thread is about using the built-in (SEN) Netflix app on the TV.  I finally went and bought a Amazon FireTV Stick (2nd gen) and it works with no problems at all. It is also WAY faster!

Enthusiast
Message 107 of 109 (466 Views)

Yeah I know that. We had this issue on our tv for quite a while, but one day our 7 year old told me that if you first set the tv to HDMI1, then start Netflix (from SEN menu), it doesn't crash like it used to.

And come to think of it, the problem on our tv started once we stopped using AppleTV which was connected in HDMI1 and from then on the tv was usually set on some other input...

Enthusiast
Message 108 of 109 (459 Views)

Wow ... this actually works, thank you!

tried it and worked right away , and I think I did the same, had a device on HDMI1 then moved it after re-arranging some things.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 109 of 109 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]

schusslerdr wrote:

poop3r wrote:

Hi - I'm not sure why you are mentioning the HDMI input. The thread is about using the built-in (SEN) Netflix app on the TV.  I finally went and bought a Amazon FireTV Stick (2nd gen) and it works with no problems at all. It is also WAY faster!

poop3r

I owe you an appology - I'm sorry.  I misunderstood what you were saying. I have been testing Netflix by switching to the empty HDMI port 1 first and so far no problems. In the past "factory reset" would word for a while, before starting to exit Netflix so if it starts up again, I'll post again.

I did have a couple of problems with netflix going to a black screen with only the options icons and slider on the screen. No errors or anything. No sure why, but if I figure it out and it is relevant to this issue, I'll post it.

Thanks for your information/help.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook