Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 109 (15,582 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Have you noticed too that the buttons/overall navigation is slow upon first turning the TV ON? Sony quality has gotten so low and bad!
Rookie
Message 12 of 109 (15,309 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Refresh Internet Content worked for me. My BRAVIA was kicking me out of Netflix at beginning of certain older movies, not new releases. This article's solution solved that problem.
Rookie
Message 13 of 109 (14,912 Views)

I have two problems:

1) Netflix occasionlly kicks me out of the app while watching

2) Netflix routinely signs me out of the app on my android tv 65XBR850C

Netflix support told me contact Sony. Sony support said Netflix sent me bad data. Sony had me reset to factory conditions after verifying I had the latest firmware.

During a second session with Netflix and they had me reset my netflix cookie data but this did not matter. Bottom line - my home network is solid, TV and apps urrent but netflix does reliably work.

Rookie
Message 14 of 109 (12,928 Views)

In my case, this happened all the time non stop. I tried everything I could to no avail, then I went to Netflix app -> Settings -> Signed out of Netflix -> Signed back in, and things started working as expected.

Currently I am watching Netflix with no issues.

I hope this is helpful.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 109 (12,886 Views)

I still do not see a SONY rep answering this. This is a SONY website, right? SONY you have really let me down this time -- BIG time. I have a 65" brick at my place now.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 109 (12,878 Views)

Yes, the best thing to do is to sign out of Netflix and then sign back in; that would make the issue go away.  Unfortunately, the Bravia version of Netflix is buggy, and neither Sony nor Netflix is doing anything to make this pain go away.  

This will be my last Sony purchase.  The quality has gotten so horrendous!

Rookie
Message 17 of 109 (11,935 Views)

I just but my Sony brava ... in on 14Apr16. I have literally been having this same 1 issue from day 1. And if best buy hadn't mounted it to my wall I would have picked it up and returned it. There are times when I'm so annoyed that I want to take it off the wall and return it to best buy. This is far to expensive of an investment for Sony or netflix or whomever not to have fixed this problem which has clearly been reported repeatedly. Either they don't know how or they ate being willfully neglectful of their consumer base because they already have our money. This is garbage. A product this defective should be taken off the market until the issue can be resolved. When this is supposed to be one of the features of this television and the product fails to deliver on its basic feature that is a notable problem. Sony is as bad GM with their faulty ignition switches killing people. It's a basic feature that has been reported as being erroneous. Fix it!
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 109 (11,895 Views)

kheldar wrote:
In essence, you'll need to disconnect all Netflix devices on your Netflix account settings page. 

Hi everybody! I'm sorry for never replying back to the thread and I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions here, you all are awesome! I thought I would finally reply with an update.

Though I never replied to the posts in the thread I read them all and tried all suggestions. The one quoted above lasted the longest but ultimately I'm afraid the issue just keeps returning no matter which version of a "fix" I try. They all eventually fail but the above method used to keep me stable for about a week or so at a time.

Well, until lately! These days it quits out MOST of the time. it is rare that the issue doesn't occur. The fixes seem to last no more than a day or so, thus it has become tedious to keep implementing them. I sort of gave up at this point, I try it now and then and just groan as the problem continues, then I go back to streaming through my Xbox.

I will say, though I feel the Sony Network itself is garbage (friends on PS4 say they have online issues all the time with the network and we all know how their "smart" tvs handle the internet) I still feel they make the best actual TV on the market. We experience razor clarity and don't see any of the issues I've seen on other similar tvs (not grainy or pixelated, looks great in most lighting conditions, unnoticable input lag for my xbox, no smearing or weird effects during fast moving scenes like actions movies, sports or video gaming, nothing bad visually I can think of!). For people who have other options for Netflix and other streaming apps (Xbox, Roku, etc.) and just want the best, clearest VISUAL tv they can get for the money I would easily recommend this tv and still love having it myself. But for streaming...garbage!

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 109 (11,724 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey all I have read all the posts and problems along with the suggested fixes..

to to be honest everything that there is to be done has been done if we were to combine all the proposed fixes ..

however there is is a solution ,... It's painless easy and very effective

Get to ur tablet download the Netflix app .. Sign in through that .. And play any show or movie u want... Link the tablet to the tv through wifi ... And watch you show on tv 

You our may need to set it up through connected devices ... Takes 2 min 

then you WILL NOT have this prob ever again ..

It to doesn't solve the prob but it does give you a solution.  And you'll never get frustrated ever again 

regards 

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 109 (11,672 Views)

Interesting! I told my wife I posted back to this thread and she came up with a similar suggestion. We don't have a tablet but she suggested we hook our laptop up to the tv and stream through that if the Xbox ever poops out. For now we have the Xbox to stream through but now we have a reliable backup with the laptop.

Good stuff! Anyone with a laptop, tablet, or even a smart phone would work I think, can just forget the headaches that come with Sony Network without having to invest in a Roku or some othe device...just use what you already own. Thanks for that suggestion, it's a real good work-around!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook