Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 109 (5,787 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

[ Edited ]

Owner of a SONY 2015 x930C and KDL-65W850A. Having the same issue on both TV's as described in this thread. Never again will I purchase a Sony product. Never again. 

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 109 (5,752 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Sony and Netflix Tech Support Groups blame each other and now they are using my Internet as the scapegoat.  Why would anyone even suggest that it is the Internet that is the problem, when Netflix works just fine in other devices and other brands of TVs/players?

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 109 (5,749 Views)

Sony KDL-60W630B.  This and other Bravia TVs have problematic Netflix apps.  Sony Tech Support will ask you to go through hoops and even ask you to contact Netflix Tech Support and your Internet Service Provider.  However, in the end, the problem will either not get fixed or will simply return.  Avoid the aggravation.  

Message 34 of 109 (5,657 Views)

Hi Sony Community,

For Netflix related concerns, please check these items:

This article is designed to help direct you to answers regarding how to set up and access Netflix, how to use the features on the Netflix app and how to resolve some issues that may occur when trying to watch Netflix movies or videos.

NOTE: In order to ensure that a Netflix-capable device is up-to-date and ready to use, make sure that the latest software update has been installed. Updates are available from the device menu or from this site using a computer. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.

• Errors- Error messages or error codes are appearing when trying to use Netflix.
  • Netflix not working- Unable to connect to Netflix or the Netflix app is not working properly.
  • Service availability- Netflix icon missing, service not available
  • Sound- Unable to hear sound or the sound quality is poor when watching Netflix.
  • Image- There is no picture or the image quality is bad when watching Netflix.
  • How to access the Netflix app- service access, connection, setup and login
  • Netflix features- Using 3D, 4K, HD, Netflix subtitles, Netflix button, Netflix profiles, and setting parental controls.
  • Netflix account assistance- How to create a Netflix account and how to add and remove devices.
  • How to Use- Answers to how Netflix works and requirements for the best experience.
  • Promotion- Netflix related current and past promotions

Thank you,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 35 of 109 (5,490 Views)

Are you really missing the point we all are trying to convey? NOTHING WORKS! It is so agrivating. The TV isn't the fastest thing, so opening netflix, then signing out, then signing in, then going back to the correct title, is very time consuming, and inconsistent to say the least. Sony has not offered any true fix, nor have they even tried to accept or pretend to be aware of the issue. A "your network or netflix account is bad" blanket is being thrown on this and it is not the case. It is the TV. The TV is bad. Lovely picture, too bad I can't watch anything on it...
Enthusiast
Message 36 of 109 (5,487 Views)

It's ok don't worry, do not waste your time replying or even trying to explain... It doesn't work .. It's robotic to reply with a trouble shooting template.

I believe they won't fix it but it's ok .. I know what brand to recommend my friends and family .. And I know what brand I will be buying for my businesses and when the time comes I'll update the one I have at home.

Sony will not have a place on my walls unless a proven fix has been published

However if Sony wants to contact me directly and offer to replace my tv with one that works with the Netflix platform I will edit this post

Until then DO NOT BOTHER SAVE YOUR MONEY TIME AND EFFORTS buy anything else but SONY if you want to watch Netflix

There is a solution not a fix in my other posts mentioned previously
Enthusiast
Message 37 of 109 (5,476 Views)

KDL40W600B. Please don't give me the "official" soultions such as turn off and on, refresh internet, unplug and plug and...etc. I have being trying everything I can do for 6 months...please update the firmware and fix it! Thank you!

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 109 (5,455 Views)

If you can, just return your Sony products to the store that you bought them from. Sony won't fix the issue. The TV motherboard is both defective and inferior. Forget about the good old days when Sony meant solid and reliable products. My 1 year warranty just ran out and I'm stuck with this glorified paper wieght.
Enthusiast
Message 39 of 109 (4,980 Views)

Jesus it took me 20 mintestinal juat to register... no wonder ****** doesn't work they can't even make signing up pain free. I have replicated the problem several times and it lies with the captions. Sometimes if I watch a show late at night i will turn them on. If I try and watch another show captions are already enabled and Netflix crashes.
Enthusiast
Message 40 of 109 (4,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
Try this again. Man this message board is horrible to sign up for and use. I have replicated (however random) and fixed it. I am pretty sure it lays with the caption option in netflix which is why a complete factory reset would also fix this problem.

If I goto the audio and captions option prior to stsrting the show/movie and turn off captions the movie runs normally without crashing to cable TV.

I use captions late at night so I don't wake my wife and kids or read horrible accents I can't dicern with low volume.

Hope they fix this bug.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook