Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 61 of 109 (2,445 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

If you don't mind spending your own $ just get a Amazon fire stick or Chromecast and run Netflix via it then you will never have any issues. Sony's chip is a garbage but the image quality still beats most of the others. Shame on you Sony still.
Rookie
Message 62 of 109 (2,413 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

Sony hasn't fixed this in 2+ years, they know warranty's are likely up. They do not plan to fix it. Their troubleshooting guide and responses are only stall techniques. EVERYONE post on social media and tell all your friends to NEVER buy a Sony TV. I've had several other TVs and none of them have had the serverity of problems with Netflix that Sony has. 

Enthusiast
Message 63 of 109 (2,271 Views)

[ Edited ]

Title of this thread should read "Netflix always kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show".  It was occasionally before the most recent firmware update.

SONY!!!  TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PRODUCT.  FIX THIS PROBLEM.

You are loosing customers.  I will never buy another Sony product, and I am a photographer/cinematographer.

Bob.

Enthusiast
Message 64 of 109 (2,132 Views)

My last reset didn't even fix it temporarily. I got tired of messing with it and got a Amazon FireTV Stick from a local retail store (they are out of stock online). While I hate the fact that I had to pay $40, it was worth it. It is WAY faster than the SEN apps on my KDL55W900A.

Not the ideal solution, but since Sony isn't going to fix it and the picture is still one of the best, it is cheaper than buying a new TV.

Enthusiast
Message 65 of 109 (2,025 Views)

This has been going on for a while and I'm really ****** off about it because my wife uses it for the kids when cooking dinner and friday night movies. Because I'm working out of town I cannot do anything to help her. I'm debating whether to return this TV as I bought a 5 year extended warranty via Costco and they will more than likely return it no questions asked.

Very very annoyed.

Rookie
Message 66 of 109 (2,017 Views)

Hi I hope your all well & okay I've had the same problem ever since I got my Sony Bravia KDL - 32W706B I've had it since 2012 I believe & I've tried all the troubleshooting steps all over the internet I've tried signing in & out of Netflix, I've tried reloading Netflix, I've tried internet refresh content, I've tried updates, I've tried unregistering devices then regegistering devices, factory resets, internet router resets, TV resets, moving the TV The list goes on & on & nothing works its 100% definitely a flaw within the T.V I don't know what exactly but I'm certain because amazon prime works fine on the Sony TV & YouTube both are not a issue at all but Netflix is a different story we also have amazon fire sticks, iPhones, tablets, computers, laptops, xboxs & Netflix & amazon & YouTube work flawlessly the only device that has a problem with Netflix is the Sony T.V it's a hit & miss sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it is so frustrating because it's 50/50 & I barley use the Sony TV & the only time is at night before I sleep in bed & I want to relax & watch something & the Netflix is so messed up on the T.V it's a nightmare I'm looking to buy a 4K T.V eventually or something similar like a bigger screen or a upgrade I'm seriously put off buying a Sony T.V when Netflix isn't working properly especially when Sony hasn't even had the nerve or confidence just to admit there mistakes it's just like they don't care & they don't want the bad P.R but to me that's not keeping it real & speaking the truth it's just not right admit there's a problem do something about it fix it or admit you can't & guarantee your customers that the future models won't have these problems hopefully they are tested thoroughly you would get a lot more sales & respect instead your losing a lot of it oh well good luck & take care everybody
Apprentice
Message 67 of 109 (1,559 Views)

Thanks, Itzj for this. This is so true.
Enthusiast
Message 68 of 109 (1,504 Views)

Same problem 50w829bbu

Getting kicked out of netflix as soon as you try to play a video show.

Tried every reset possible ! 

Enthusiast
Message 69 of 109 (1,393 Views)

When are we going to get a solution Sony?
Enthusiast
Message 70 of 109 (1,332 Views)

any news Sony?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook