Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 71 of 109 (1,756 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

KDL-60W630B SW PKG3.004AAA with the same problem. This last update seems to have made things worse. 

My two cents is this is an application problem.  The symptoms are repeatable and consistent. It appears to happen on the account profile we use most frequently. A second profile is less susceptible to the crashing. 

1) Netflix button, select profile, home screen 

2) Netflix button, select profile, select content, 2%, home screen

3) Netflix button, select profile, select content, 92%, home screen 

4) Netflix button, select profile, select content, 99%, home screen

5) Netflix button, select profile,  select content, 1 sec load content, home screen 

6) Netflix button, select profile,  select content, content plays, much celebration 

All tolled this takes about 3 or 4 minutes to complete. Frustrating enough that this is affecting the overall enjoyment of this Sony product. I will not repurchase,  I will not recommend Sony products. 

Enthusiast
Message 72 of 109 (1,750 Views)

Re: Bravia - Netflix occasionally kicks me back to tv when starting movie or show

I just bought a Roku stick.  Wow, apps are way better and faster on the Roku..  Forget the Sony apps.  I know its about the principle with Sony's ****** product and service, but we need to get on with our lives.  :-)

Message 73 of 109 (1,582 Views)

Hi garywi,

We already replied to your previous post. Please visit the link below:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Television-General/Netflix-is-Dropping-Back-to-the-Home-Page-When-Tryin...

Thanks,

^Ron

Rookie
Message 74 of 109 (1,331 Views)

Well, after 9 emails to SONY support in NZ, I have let the store know that I am returning the TV. We;ve had it for 2 years but I reported the Netflix issue to SONY at the start and they stopped replying to emails after 1 week. I've addressed all the usual suspects:

- reset TV to factory default
- firmware/software is latest version
- network is fine (iOS devices can play Netflix no problem and we have a 100mbps unlimited fibre network)
- using LAN not WLAN
- direct connection to the fibre router.switch
- reset all Netflix devices in Netflix and logged on again on the TV
- updated Internet content more times than I can count
- reset the embedded SONY Netflix app more times than I can count
- date and time settings correct

I will get my money back under our consumer law. The store tried to say warranty did not cover software (!) and then tried to say it was outside of warranty period anyway. Bad luck SONY- I told you about the problem from the start. 

Finally, after 2 years of silence, a SONY tech contacted me by phone today and tried to convince me that they had failed to provide support for 2 years because of some email Snafu at their end! He then proceeded to tell me to reset the TV. Hopeless. On to a level 2 support now but if they don't have new firmware, they can have the TV back.  

I will not give up and I've let them know that I will go to court and get my money and costs back (NZ has quite good consumer protection laws). My advice is to sue SONY in your country and get your money back. When enough people do that, they will fix the problem. Until then, you're not buying a new TV so they don't care. 
Enthusiast
Message 75 of 109 (1,287 Views)

Spoken to Netflix today after Sony said it was a problem with them NOT sony...... Guess what Netflix say they are aware of the problem with these models but blame Sony and say that they aware of it and should be fixing it............... No wonder nothing gets doen both blaming each other and leaving customers fed up and frustrated.

Theres more in the world to worry about than this but im buying a Samsung TV next year I Think. Tired of endless resets

Enthusiast
Message 76 of 109 (1,216 Views)

Good on ya for doing this. I may be returning my TV to Costco on the extended warranty I bought with the TV. I'm absolutely sick of this ******. I tried using the Netflix app on the Sony bluray player I bought and its slower than ****** and quite often fails to login. MY 5 year old son knows how to make netflix work on the TV (when it actually works) when it doesnt i have to do it with chrome cast which he doesnt know how to use. So there goes my Saturday morning sleep ins.

Seriously Sony... the Netflix app worked fine when the TV 1st came out and you have progressively made it ******tier. Yes We all realize you want us to use your Sony TV ****** but guess what. That's NOT what I'm paying for and I won't ever use your Sony TV garbage. Fix your stuff or you will be losing another long time customer for life. I haven't shopped at Futureshop in 15 years after they ****** me over and look what happend to them.

Rookie
Message 77 of 109 (1,193 Views)

I have also been having the Netflix problem over the last few months with my Bravia tv I bought about 3 yrs ago. Refresh internet content used to work but not anymore. Ever since we bought it we have had a problem where turning the tv on produced no picture. I contacted Sony a long time ago about it and all I was told to do was restore factore settings and turn off power for 2 mins. This was only a temp fix. The problem is still there and the only way round it is to turn the tv on and off contantly for several minutes until the picture eventually appears. I did purchase a 5 yr warranty but was advised by a tv engineer that if I invoked it all that would happen is a local tv engineer would take the set away for several weeks and attempt to fiddle with a piece of junk that was unfixable due to the software defects and in the meantime have no TV until it returned. I used to pray that software updates would miracously arrive and fix the issues but that was just wishful thinking and even they have stopped appearing. Clearly from reading the posts in this thread from the beginning their is a serious issue not just with Sony TVs but with their customer service judging by the 'robotic' replies here from anyone connected with Sony. I will add that I also will never buy a Sony product again and will never recommend any Sony products. I will be buying either a Firestick or Chromecast as they would appear to be more reliable than a 'smart tv'. 

Enthusiast
Message 78 of 109 (1,173 Views)

Hi theboyraymond

I don't know who you bought the TV and 5 year coverage from but...

I bought my previous Sony 55" from BB and bought their 5 yr coverage. It kept rebooting. The repair tech came to my house all 3 times (replaced the M/B each time). With their coverage - after three repairs they will replace the TV - and they did. Unfortunately, I replaced it with another Sony 55" (KDL-55W900A) which after an update or two started having the Netflix issue.

The point of all this is - check out the repair policy of your coverage. You should not avoid using what you paid for, otherwise it's a waste.

Rookie
Message 79 of 109 (1,169 Views)

Same as everyone else. Bought the Bravia tv about two years ago and have had problems with everything else on the tv except Netflix...that is, of course, until fairly recently. Now Netflix constantly kicks back to the tv and when we try to log back in, we find we've also been kicked off Netflix and have to reenter all the login information. CONSTANTLY. I'm on board with everyone else and will highly reconsider ever buying anything from Sony again. 

Enthusiast
Message 80 of 109 (984 Views)

the only problem with the chromecast is kids need to learn another device which of course they will lose. Because kids are dumb that way. The netflix button should just work. Period.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook