Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 6 (947 Views)

Google play music not playing today

Today I noticed that when I start the google play music app and navigate to an album with the TV remote control it goes through the motions of playing, but there is no sound and just skips quickly from one song to the next on the screen.

However, if I run the chrome browser on a Mac and 'cast' that playing album to the TV it appears to load the same app, and same album on the TV, but then it will play normally.

This is on an xbr-55x900e with a very recent update, but I don't know if that is related.  Has anyone else seen this?

Rookie
Message 2 of 6 (895 Views)

Re: Google play music not playing today

I am having the same problem with my KDL - 43W805C. Keeps coming up with "couldn't play the track you requested) after quickly scrolling through the whole album. I've restarted the TV and checked it is registered as a device still. Worked OK on the 21st Oct when I last used it
Expert
Message 3 of 6 (883 Views)

Mine seems to depend on the album selected.  Some play, some don't.  Most tracks don't show an error message but just jump to the next in a few seconds without playing.  And the albums that don't play will still work if selected in the Chrome browser on a PC and 'cast' to the TV.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (874 Views)

Couldn't seem to get any tracks to play today, yet they work fine on my phone
Rookie
Message 5 of 6 (852 Views)

Tried it again today. If I select an album nothing will play, however if I shuffle the tracks from an artist or go to individual tracks then they play. Something clearly isn't right
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (488 Views)

Same here..

I have a 75" 850E.
After an update, I can no longer play music from my library.
Google's radio station stuff works. Playlists might also work, but I want to choose what I want to listen to.

I went into apps and chose to "uninstall updates" for Play Music and now it will play music from my library.

Google Play Music has gotten worse as of late for Android and iOS.

Seems fine on my computer though.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook