Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 23 (51,039 Views)

How do I disable the Samba TV Service on my TV?

Package PKG2.901AAA installed on my TV last night and my wife accidentally agreed to enable Samba TV in error.  We don't want this app active as it's highly intrusive and monitors our viewing pattenrs and reports them back to advertisers.  I spoke to technical suppport today and they informed me it's impossible to disable once it's been activiated, which I find hard to believe.

How can I either disable or uninstall Samba TV from my TV?  I have a prior verison of the firmware.  Can I install that and restore the prior version that does not support Samba TV?  What are my other options?

Thank you.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 23 (50,925 Views)

Re: How do I disable the Samba TV Service on my TV?

On my XBR70X850B:  Under Home, Settings, Network, Samba - there is an enable/disable selection.  I don't know if your model is the same.  Also, there is at least one major issue with PKG2.901AAA (Amazon Video stops working) that will require a new software update to be pushed.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 23 (50,874 Views)

Since the upgdate my Amazon wont open ? why would they send this so called update that doesent work ?

i watch Amazon frequently .

i cant get rid of samba?

total BS!!!

Apprentice
Message 4 of 23 (50,867 Views)

I disabled the samba app and Amazon still wont open .it just sits & spins . quite annoying .
Rookie
Message 5 of 23 (50,853 Views)

Was able to disable the samba TV service but no Amazon and no 3D

Rookie
Message 6 of 23 (50,853 Views)

Was able to disable the samba TV service but no Amazon and no 3D.  Anyone know if Sony acknowledged and working on update?

Apprentice
Message 7 of 23 (50,801 Views)

Thanks for strating the chain .

Yes,  my Amazon Video app is not working on my Sony TV. Very annoying . I also just turned off auto update of software and disabled Samba TV app too. 

You tube works. Why Amazon App alone is effected by this software update ?

Sony should have better testing of all software push to our TV.

Once Amazon app not working bug fix is available hopefully in week of May 16, I am going to download that and keep auto software update off .

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 23 (50,537 Views)

Very, very disappointed that Sony did not test their software BEFORE installing it on my TV. How much longer must we wait before you correct your mistake? What the ****** is SAMBA anyway? I had rather have my Amazon Prime work rather that your new tracking app! Please uninstall this malware! Or better yet let us uninstall apps from our own TV. I have thousands of dollars of Sony equipment. That will change for future purchases.

Rookie
Message 9 of 23 (32,760 Views)

I share everyone's frustration with SONY SAMBIA downloaded application. I disabled and program on every TV ON asks if i want to complete install. Has anyone successfully uninstallled this program. I noticed recent update brought it into my home. 

More importantly what does it do that is going to be bad? I understand it TRENDS TV but I use xfininty and a non Xfinity remote and do not understand what will happen if I accept it? WIll it affect my XFINITY cable box stuff? Anybody use this with Xfinity and their remote X1?

Thanks for listening,

T

Message 10 of 23 (27,719 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Sony Community!

Follow the steps below to disable the Samba Interactive TV function:

1. Select Samba Interactive TV from Setting.

2. Disable Samba Interactive TV.

Samba.jpg 

Regards,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook