Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4 (2,235 Views)
Accepted Solution

KDL-49W750D; problems connecting to Freeview.

KDL-49W750D; problems connecting to Freeview, iView and other sites; earlier Bravia TV had a section under Home where many apps were listed; this model has similar but with only a few Apps to choose from but not the ones I want. How do I get these?. Read an item saying that to go to Opera TV Store but, again, nothing that I was after.

I checked my Version which is 1.226-1.210-01 and that 'This update is the latest' yet looking at ' how to get updates' I find that it should be v1.305.

I am 84 and fast going on 90 and it is confusing me😇; Please help before Too Late.  Neil.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (2,228 Views)

Re: KDL-49W750D; problems connecting to Freeview.

I am not sure about Freeview as I have no knowledge about it. However I have recently updated my KDL-49W750D to latest of V1.305 manually by USB.  Here is the link : http://www.sony.com.au/support/product/KDL-43W750D/download?cid=gwtSmiley Tonguedp:support:downloads

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4 (2,162 Views)

Hi, thanks for the link to the update, however have been unable to get the TV to accept this. I am using a mac with latest updates and it gives me an error of -1. Appreciate your interest and will keep trying...I'm 84 so will have to hurry if I want to get value out of the update😇

Apprentice
Message 4 of 4 (2,134 Views)

SUCCESS!!!!   Thanks to your earlier reply I have now successfuly updated to Version 1.305.  After my failure yesterday I wiped my Thumb Drive; went to your link and downloaded the update again; straight onto the blank Thumb Drive and then, with plenty of stops for a cuppa, followed the instruction meticulously, and it worked 😇!!!!  I have allways subscribed to the belief of 'when all else fails, read the instructions', but lately, unfortunately, gone more to the 'when all else fails, give up'.

Your help in clearing up this problem is well-and-truly appreciated, and The Sun is now shining over Toowoomba again.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook