Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 11 (136,233 Views)

Netflix won't load

Just got my new XBR-65X850C. Turned it on and did the software update. When I open Netflix is just hangs trying to load. The little circle just keeps spinning. Smiley Sad  Tried to restart. Tried to factory reset. No change.

Software Version: PKG3.307.0101NAB

Message 2 of 11 (136,209 Views)

Re: Netflix won't load

Hi apgomez3,

Welcome to Sony Community!

I sent you a message. Kindly check your ibox. Thanks!

Jerome

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (136,165 Views)

Having the same issue with new XBR-55X810C.  Same software version.  Just bought and set up the tv today.  All apps but Netflix loads and runs fine.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Super Contributor
Message 4 of 11 (136,163 Views)

Below will almost certainly resolve your issues w/any app. Most likely fix is #2, below. 

An app issue could be an issue with your home network or an issue w/the app service (e.g., "Netflix is down in general."). Check to see if other apps that stream content work on your TV, and also log into the service (e.g., Netflix) on your computer or other device to confirm that the streaming service is working in general.

If that checks out then continue below.

What should you do when your apps don't work properly:

1. Reboot your TV. Turn it off. Pull the plug from the wall/power strip. Wait a minute. Plut in and boot up the TV. You should see the Sony logo followed by the swirling Android boot animation, then the home screen. If you're using your app to access data on an external device or on your network, reboot that device and your router at the same time. Power everything back up.

Try again w/the app. If that doesn't help...

2. Clear data on the app. Home>Settings>Apps. Find your app in either the "System apps" row (for pre-loaded apps like Amazon, Netflix, etc.) or the "Downloaded apps" row (for apps you've added from the Play Store). Select the app, choose Clear data, and confirm.

After clearing data on an app you'll have to log back into the app if it requires a log-in.

3. Uninstall and reinstall the app (won't work w/all apps, depending on how they were added to the TV, by Sony or you). 

4. You could go for the nucleaer option - Factory Data Reset of the TV. This is the big kahuna.

Doing a factory reset will have the following effects:
- It will take the TV back to factory default settings.
You may want to record your Picture settings in this spreadsheet on the Picture Settings tab before doing the reset.
- It will NOT remove any FW updates that have been applied to the TV.
- It will require you to go back through the initial setup process on your TV when you restart after the reset.
- Any apps you have installed should be automatically reinstalled when you log into your Google account on the TV.
- Any settings in apps that you changed, or settings in the Settings menu, or settings in the TV Action menu (including Picture settings) will need to be re-entered.

To perforrm a factory reset:
- Home> Settings>Storage and Reset>Factory Data Reset

Only resort to a Factory Data Reset when everything else fails and you're getting desperate. It's a bit annoying to have to set everything up again.

2015 X850C FAQ for Setup, Picture settings, 3D, HDR, DirecTV 4K, and Troubleshooting.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7usku0ykglp4cc7/2015-Sony-X850C-Picture%20Settings-v6.xlsx?dl=0
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (136,138 Views)

Thanks Danabw! The first thing I tried......worked! I cleared data on the app. Went back to the Netflix app and it loaded right away. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor
Message 6 of 11 (136,132 Views)

Great...most common fixes in general are rebooting the TV, and for app issues, clearing data, so it had to be one or the other. Smiley Happy 

2015 X850C FAQ for Setup, Picture settings, 3D, HDR, DirecTV 4K, and Troubleshooting.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7usku0ykglp4cc7/2015-Sony-X850C-Picture%20Settings-v6.xlsx?dl=0
Rookie
Message 7 of 11 (49,573 Views)

Worked for me, thanks

Rookie
Message 8 of 11 (42,165 Views)

Hi, i have a Sony KDL-50W800B, it start loading Netfix, when it seems to start playing, it comes out of Netflix, I must try it repeatedly until I get in. The TV is directly connected by cable. Please help, thanks
Message 9 of 11 (41,369 Views)

Hello, Mbatista71,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. You may perform a power reset on your TV by unplugging it from the wall outlet then wait for about 60 seconds before plugging it back in. Also, check if the software version of the TV is updated. 

If the issue still persists, we recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to support you further.

Best Regards, 

Bob

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 10 of 11 (3,279 Views)

I have XBR49X800E had this problem after mounting to wall, it might cause ip address changed or something wrong due to plug-in and plug-out. Method 1 works for my case perfect.

Thank you very much! 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook